Interesting CO2 Cylinder Refill Information

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Good point Pete. My 30lb'er is in the basement below and ~15 feet away from my 30G tank. Upcoming 75G will be about 20' away in the basement.

Not everyone has basements...or the desire to put a hole in the floor (though a 1/4 or 3/8" hole next to the wall is darn near invisible, especially behind the tank)

--Don
I've tried to convince my wife more than once that a small hole wouldn't be visible. Oh well.

robg32

AC Members
Jun 25, 2007
I would love to have a nice aluminum tank that could be part of the decor but to me its just easier to walk in with an empty tank and walk out with a full one in 5 min.
Nolapete.
You have to buy the cylender first. thats the expensive part, I may be lucky that the refil is so cheap but the cylinder was almost $100. So its a trade off. I know you can get real nice aluminum ones online for $70 or less(5lb).
I would have done that if I knew, Hind sight.
Hey fishymatty where do you go for your co2? I just moved into CT not to long ago and am trying to find a place to get my tank filled or exchanged.

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
I've tried to convince my wife more than once that a small hole wouldn't be visible. Oh well.
If you have an unfinished basement you could fish it up through the wall. Install a wallplate for a cable jack or phone or something like that and take out the connector and run the co2 line though it. If you ever have to move the tank just put a blank wallplate back on it or something like that. A small hole isnt really visible in most carpets, if anyone tries to drill though be sure and cut the carpet with a utility knife first or it'll get caught up in the bit and unravel lol. Many folks run the cable tv wire just up through the floor like this, of course its usually well hidden in the corner of the room, and these rooms arent very 'formal'.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Hehe, I live in New Orleans. There are no TRUE basements here as we are below sea level. I have a nice shiny new aluminum 10# cylinder which I'll be more than proud to display in the fishroom when it's done. Woohoo! Filling it up tomorrow!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store