Introduction / 125 Gallon Terrarium Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
Does anyone know if they make the crossarm (the flat piece in the photo above) that is bent with an arch in it already? It will save me some effort and time when I am read to build the canopy.

Thanks for your help.

Bst wishes

Wes

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
Well the previous question is now a moot point.

I have already purchaced materials for the build of the canopy. And as soon as I can get some help with that it will be underway. A Man has got to know his limitations.

Anyway ... I went out last week enjoying the warm weather. I picked up a few things for my Terrarium and Aquarium.

The photos will tell you most.

Thanks for looking

Best wishes

Wes

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
So I spent a great amount of time planning, drawing and redrawing ... I think I have it all sorted out. In fact, it's too late ... I have the canopy mostly completed.

Sorry I didn't take time to take pix step by step (MD is fatiguing enough wihtout having to stop and take pix). Anyway these are the after pix I did get for the work done so far today.

Given my limited physical abilities and tools and no work area (work done right in my livingroom) I think it cam out OK.

Now without further ado ... The pix ...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 202KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 226KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024 and weights 210KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 174KB.

The work I have yet to do is the install cletes that will hold the canopy in place on the tank rim. (Canopy slides over the outside of the tank.) And instal Lighting Fixtures. Those pix will come later.

My wife and I are trying to figure out what color to paint this canopy.

Should we go with black?

Off white that would match our decor?

Or some other color?

Staining is not an option the wood is not that great and niether are the cuts. I've seen framing cuts better than this, But its the best we could do with what we were given. Should have used my kitchen knife ;0 ... could have done better ... instead I thougt I could borrow a saw Oh well .. back to the colors thing ...

Any ideas about the color?

Thanks for looking.

Best wishes

Wes

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Looking good. I would go with black, it goes with many colors. You could make it match other furniture in the room it is in.

Nice selection of of fish for the 10gal. I may have missed it in the original post with the dark writing but are you planning on keeping anything in the terrarium?

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
No more progress to date. A major surgery has me out of comission for a while... and a move is on the horizon :)

thanks for looking.

Best wishes,

Wes

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
Recovering from surgry ... a long way to go.

Here are some pix for today

The Broadview

The Left End

The Right End

I know the Aquarium looks emty but.. hey I can only do so much :)

Thanks for looking.

Best wishes,

Wes

wespastor

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
Looks great, can't wait to see it finished. Great idea with a tank inside of another tank.

Me arm was twisted into do it this wayto appease the powers that be... :worthy:

Thanks for looking ... enjoy...

Best wishes,

Wes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store