Is it INhumane to keep bettas in a 1 gallon fish bowl?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Is it INhumane to keep bettas in a 1 gallon fish bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

katuuuz

negative bacteria magnet
Jul 22, 2008
CT, USA
healthy and living yes..but is it happy?
HE'S A FISH! He's fine! Fishes aren't happy, or sad. They are either alive, dead, healthy, or unhealthy. No in between. It just makes you happy to see your fish swimming all over creation, and it makes you sad to see a fish in a bowl.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Then explain the difference between your lazy betta and other people's bettas who are actually taken care of in heated, filtered water.

katuuuz

negative bacteria magnet
Jul 22, 2008
CT, USA
Then explain the difference between your lazy betta and other people's bettas who are actually taken care of in heated, filtered water.
So your implying I don't take care of my fish who's a year and about 4 months old... I normally wouldn't restate my side but I'll make an exception for the not-so-sharp folks.

I'll literally spell it out.

I f m y f i s h a n d y o u r f i s h a r e h e a l t h y ....
T h e r e i s n o d i f f e r e n c e.

You like watching your fish do back flips... I like watching mine sleep in a plant. I guess the only difference would be you waste electricity keeping your fish healthy... and I don't.

Maybe some day you can put your Betta's "feelings" aside and marvel at the fact it's one of the only pet fish that can literally strive in a bowl of water. Now that's pretty amazing.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
This thread is going downhill. I do not see it going back on topic especially as the argument is becoming personal. Thanks for the input, folks. We certainly appreciated it but this is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store