It happened so fast... I'm changing to cichlids!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

-Nemo-

Master Diver
Jul 31, 2007
Great Barrier Reef
i switched to cichlids too a year ago. much more interesting fish than tetras etc. these guys have actual personalities. good work:thumbsup:

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
As I told Kristin earlier (you're the same Kristin, right?) I found out that they are Tanganyikans.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a happy ending. Where you just can not do a larger tank I think you should steer clear for your own sake - this is going to give you heartache.

If they're tangs, and they're 4 - 5 inches, they're not shelldwellers which of course would be fine in the right numbers in a 29. I have a nasty feeling they might be tropheus. This will become one tropheus very quickly.

Almost as bad would be lamp. tetrocephalus/sexfasciatus...or any mix involving them...or any of the larger tangs...

As I say I would steer clear for your own sake.

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
tarheels is so right i put a 6 in pleco in with my africans in a 55 gal they swarmed him and cichlids tend to be extremely territorial expesialy africans u could put some tanganikians in a 29 thats what i have but my maliwais are in a 55 there beautiful fish but they would shread every fish in the 29 and they would get far to big for the 29 the lady obvusly is spoiling her self with all those tanks and i dont like begginers with lots of tanks with no knolage i recearch ever day and the biggest tank i have is a 55 maybe its cuz im 14 but w/e i say u tell her to keep them and try getting a larger tank then get them later tell her thats your plan cuz i have 12 babys in a 10 gall there super mean to each other at the size of a centameter thats the main reason they shouldnt be keeped in a tank that small they would kill each other till mabye 2 are left probobly male female but she would probably die due to the harrasment by the male but africands are neat fish

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
o there tanks yea prob trophyus they cant be in a 29 eather or could be a lamprogus sexifascus i have 2 in a 29 pretty agresive but i think i got them calmed down doing welll with the other shellies

tarheels910

Malawi Maniac
Jul 6, 2006
Concord, NC
Tanganyikans... that could be even worse. Think about the poor Tropheus being squished into a 29 gallon, or even worse Frontosas being crammed in it.

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
Kristin said Tanganyikans would be better... augh I'm so confused :( I'm e-mailing the person right now, asking what they look like, more about their aggression, etc.

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
o yea tarheel i hope its not a frontasia ugh that would be horrible sad 1 throphus u might be able to pull off but i wouldnt want to try it poor lil fella

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store