It happened so fast... I'm changing to cichlids!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
ya but shellies are good for a 29 mabye a julie i have 2 neo. brivus , 2 julie. regini, 2 lamp. fascuius, 2 neo, lelilupi they love each other and i think my julies might be spawning o yeaaaaaaaaa

tarheels910

Malawi Maniac
Jul 6, 2006
Concord, NC
ya but shellies are good for a 29 mabye a julie i have 2 neo. brivus , 2 julie. regini, 2 lamp. fascuius, 2 neo, lelilupi they love each other and i think my julies might be spawning o yeaaaaaaaaa
Nice. Good luck with the breed.

I dont think they are Shellies, Julies, or Leleupi because it was mentioned that they were between 4 and 5 inches.

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
o no the lemons and julies arnt but the brivus are

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Kristin said Tanganyikans would be better... augh I'm so confused :( I'm e-mailing the person right now, asking what they look like, more about their aggression, etc.
those are good questions to ask.

Tangs are not necessarily better - shellies would be fine but there are some nightmare scenarios too...tropheus...juvenile frontosas...sexcfasciatus...which btw should be neither in a 29 or in with shellies and certainly not both.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Nice. Good luck with the breed.

I dont think they are Shellies, Julies, or Leleupi because it was mentioned that they were between 4 and 5 inches.
yup I would presume that we are talking about larger fish.

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
Tell ya what... I'll just try it for a week, see if it works and if not I'll bring them back. Also, when I get them they'll be only an inch or two long... don't know if that makes a difference or not, just telling you if it does...

-Nemo-

Master Diver
Jul 31, 2007
Great Barrier Reef
Tell ya what... I'll just try it for a week, see if it works and if not I'll bring them back. Also, when I get them they'll be only an inch or two long... don't know if that makes a difference or not, just telling you if it does...
you can do it. don't bring them back and be an ellen degeneres, you'll love them. mark my words. :thm:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
you can do it. don't bring them back and be an ellen degeneres, you'll love them. mark my words. :thm:
sorry...bring what back now ? love what now ?

we have no idea what these fish are. you can not say that 'you can do it' in the absence of that...this is a 29 gallon tank and we could, for all we know, be talking about a group of juvenile frontosa.

Bettas...no one is trying to be a killjoy but you have to recognise that general encouragement, which is what the site is all about, is not responsible where we don't and you don't know what the fish are.

You would never put an Oscar in there...because you know what size they hit. You would never put 6 male bettas in there, because you are highly knowledgeable about their needs. If I came on and said 'can I have 6 male bettas in a 29 a guy I know is getting rid of them' you would tell me exactly what to do and what not to do and if someone else said yes you can you would correctly point out that that is nonsense.

You say above 'this is so contradictory'. It isn't; everyone with any common sense is saying find out what the fish are first. And then pointing out that it looks problematic based on what limited information is available.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store