Just starting out

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mgm007

AC Members
Jun 21, 2014
good luck with the gamble.

if you want another LED to consider, then I might suggest the finnex ray2.

I think the amount of light produced (PAR or whatever) is higher than the zoomed, so will give you better options.

but a 30H is going to be problematic to grow a carpet, whatever lighting you might choose.

I actually like this one a bit better. It seems like it will give me a better output but hopefully not so much that it becomes an algae disaster.

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
I actually like this one a bit better. It seems like it will give me a better output but hopefully not so much that it becomes an algae disaster.
RayII is too strong, I'm not at a computer ATM but it will be a lot of par with a narrow spread.

Do me a favor and PM me, cause you said you are a long islander right? I have some advise that can help a local lol

I'll comment on here later after I read through the rest of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mgm007

AC Members
Jun 21, 2014
I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through. My sent messages say I have zero but I tried 3 times lol.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through. My sent messages say I have zero but I tried 3 times lol.
Saving the message in your sent items is optional, when sending you might want to check the box is checked.

mgm007

AC Members
Jun 21, 2014
A big thank you to everyone who provided information and opinions. I finished setting up the tank at 3am. Here's the final result. Dwarf Hair Grass with Java Moss on a piece of Manzanita drift wood.

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store