Knifefish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
yeah it was nice, it never moved much unless there was food in the tank. I remember it couldnt really turn around that well in a 60 gallon lol, but it lived.

sky.eyes.woman

I'd rather be in Hockeytown!
Dec 6, 2004
Greenville, SC
The biggest clown knife I've ever seen must have been 36"...who knows what he weighed! He looked like I might be able to pick him up with both hands, his body was about 1 foot or more from his back to his belly and he was about 6" thick from side to side. There was also an oranda goldfish in this tank that was about 14" long and a huge pacu, maybe 16" or so. If B & C Aquarium Supply in Jackson, MI is still open, go in there and see if they still have those fish. They had a round 700 gallon acryilc tank in there, it was breathtaking.

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
jeez, what were you feeding it? I didn't think they got that big

geoffgarcia

AC Members
Apr 22, 2004
ryknier said:
I am getting the BGK
your aware this fish is extremely timid and will spend 99% of its existance hiding behind stuff and not swimming right? if you dont provide adequate hiding area it will suffer

I've kept BGKs for about 2 years and can't say I'll ever get them again or recommend them to anyone

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
jeez, what were you feeding it? I didn't think they got that big
These things get huge! its a popular food/sport fish over in southeast asia. You can probley find them at your local asian markets under "featherback".

aaafish.jpeg 723508564_klaey 3.JPG

Last edited:

ryknier

Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
ya I have been doing a lot of research on them! basically my whole tank is being choosen with what can be with him!

labont865

This is drako, a friend of a friend
Nov 26, 2004
Ryknier I would reall strongly recomend staying away from Clown knives. Go for the ghost knife, I think you said you were going to it that anyways. But just in case. Go for the BGK.

My clown knife was going through 20-30 feeders and about 10 shrimp pellets in a day. So I decided to give him to somebody who could give a better home then I could, because 10-20$ a day is almost as much as I eat.

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
A clown knife tank would look great with some siamese tiger fishes and blood parrots. Even though the STF are brackish they can live in fresh water too.

ryknier

Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
I wasn't going to get a clown, I didn't think I said I was going to get a clown, sorry if I did. I want the Black Ghost Knifefish. I was just impressed with the clowns size

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store