Knifefish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

victimizati0n

AC Members
Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
ryknier said:
I am guessing that is forget the clown, the clown is really neat looking, but it gets to 24", I think that would be ok in a 72, but I would rather the smaller 18" BGK, and I like the white stripe on the back!

I am taking your word for it swimfins! I am getting the BGK
i am guessing that is 720 gallon tank, right?

They get over 4' long

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
I wasn't going to get a clown, I didn't think I said I was going to get a clown, sorry if I did. I want the Black Ghost Knifefish. I was just impressed with the clowns size
lol. This whole time I thought you were talking about getting a clown knife. stupid me

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
geoffgarcia said:
your aware this fish is extremely timid and will spend 99% of its existance hiding behind stuff and not swimming right? if you dont provide adequate hiding area it will suffer

I've kept BGKs for about 2 years and can't say I'll ever get them again or recommend them to anyone

Truly sorry for your experience. Mine is absolutely lovely, a beauty. I just spent 15 minutes watching him swim throught my tank. He puts on a show it seems at about 11 to 12 noon, under bright aquarium light, and again at near midnight. When I tap on the glass he senses my finger he rubs right against where I'm touching. I think he's amazing...no regrets.

ryknier

just tryin to make it fun
Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
ohh thats cool Swimfins!

I am sorry for the confusing data that I put before guys :(! I will read what I type next time, I have a tendency of not reading what I write

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
^ it was my fault, I didnt really read your whole posts. I just skimmed through it and saw "clown knife".

ryknier

Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
ok with a fish that big, how do you move it from tank to another tank. Lets say during a ich outbreak, so you want to move him out, how do you move him, if you have a dinky little 5" net?

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
get those huge nets that people use for salmon fishing.

ryknier

Nov 10, 2004
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Do people eat these, is that why those guys caught them in that picture? :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store