Kyryah's Tank Photo Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Here is my soon-to-be Discus tank :)

I found a PERFECT piece of wood to serve as a baffle to hide my equipment, and installed it in the right hand corner. I had a bit of a malfunction with the background - I am not sure what happened, but when I applied the third coat of paint it bubbled in some spots. I waited the appropriate amount of time and cleaned the glass prior and everything. I was to impatient to razor it off and start again, so I went with it. I think that once I have all the wood in place and the plants fill in, it will look just fine.

Kristina

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The rough paint job is actually kind of eye catching in the photo, not sure how different it looks with direct eye sight....

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Updated pictures of the moss wall? I'm curious as to how long its takes to grow one.
Well, the shelves on the moss wall did not work. They blocked too much light beneath the shelves and the moss did not grow properly there. I have since removed the shelves, but the moss got so long that it still blocks the light to the lower regions. I will snap a pic later on and post it - my plan is actually to shear all the moss off the front of the wall and allow it to regrow. I will take some of the stuff I cut off and possibly repack the lower portions.

The rough paint job is actually kind of eye catching in the photo, not sure how different it looks with direct eye sight....
Actually, it really doesn't look that bad. I have made quite a few changes to the tank (even more than this picture shows, I'll put up more later)

Also, I am no longer going to stock it with discus. I have decided on apistogramma barlowi, and possibly a couple of other pairs of apistos as well.

Kristina

Weather Loach

Eating all the Snails in your tank!
Sep 1, 2009
California
Very nice

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
All your tanks are so cool, Kristina. I like the effect of the bubbled paint job, too. I swear... your place is filled with the coolest tanks and creatures, inside and outdoors. I don't know how you do it. I love looking at everything, you have such a variety. If your house was a bed and breakfast I'd book a week in it and spend my days just zoned out, looking at all the critters. (You should have the music from the youtube vids playing all the while, too, lol)

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks :) I have been told more than once that I should start charging admission, lol. The neighborhood kids are convinced it is the Zoo here. :D

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store