Kyryah's Tank Photo Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
that cray is beautifully colored!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks :) She is such a neat little critter. When I feed her I love how she runs up to the front and waves her arms at me before she crabs her food and drags it back to her lair.

Kristina

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Awe...lol. My dwarfs do that when you put your face close to the tank. They come out to investigate what you're doing. They are curious little critters.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I can't wait until she has babies. I am very excited.

Kristina

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
I can imagine. I can't wait for my mommy to finally hatch her fry.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Video of my Axolotl tank.

[YT]IB8hWhxHdGY[/YT]

Finally figured out how to embed the dang videos, lol, silly me :rolleyes:

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks! There are a whole array of colors. I have a leucistic and a wild color.

Kristina

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I love the stone thingy. Those are some of the oddest creatures I have ever seen. Hard to believe that they were eaten to the point of being rare in the wild. Who would look at those and go, "Yum?"

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I love the stone thingy. Those are some of the oddest creatures I have ever seen. Hard to believe that they were eaten to the point of being rare in the wild. Who would look at those and go, "Yum?"
Thanks! The stone thingy, lol, is a filter housing. Filtration is a bit tricky with axies, as they are messy eaters and big poopers but simply canNOT handle a lot of current. It stresses them horribly. Big, regular water changes are a must.

LOL, they don't look real yum, do they? Then again, a lot of things people come with make me go "huh?" Take for instance the menopause drug, Premarin, made from PMU (pregnant mare urine.) What farmer said, "Hey, honey, drink this, it'll make yuh feel better!" :rofl:

The sad truth about axies is that there are far more of them in the pet trade and in labratories than there are in the wild. Their habitat has been mostly destroyed. A lot of maps still show the lakes where they occur in the wild as lakes, but in truth urbanization has reduced those lakes to no more than a mud puddle. Very sad, really.

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store