Kyryah's Tank Photo Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i love the hex's,.. and the invert tank is comming along great,

what's the dimentions of it? seems real tall,.. never seen one like that,..

RhondaAnn

AC Members
Feb 4, 2009
I like your tanks a lot! And I especially love your betta, he looks like he's wearing black goth lipstick. If I saw him, I'd bring him home too!

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Great tanks! And those snails are really very pretty.

What's that plant with the huge mass of roots in the betta tank? I want one! :D

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
what did you decide to use for a light on your hex???

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Kyryahs Betta: Now 25% sadder
LOL, bio, you goof :D

i love the hex's,.. and the invert tank is comming along great,

what's the dimentions of it? seems real tall,.. never seen one like that,..
It is an odd tank. I can't figure out if it is something that was custom made or if it is just a weird shape, lol. it is 24 X 12 X 21 which comes out to 26.22 gallons or 99.11 liters - strange.

I like your tanks a lot! And I especially love your betta, he looks like he's wearing black goth lipstick. If I saw him, I'd bring him home too!
LOL, Goth fish - right up my alley :D

Great tanks! And those snails are really very pretty.

What's that plant with the huge mass of roots in the betta tank? I want one! :D
Thanks! The plant is a water hyacinth. It will get a lot bigger, but I can divide portions off and put them in my ponds. They get some really pretty, tall flower stalks.

what did you decide to use for a light on your hex???
The light that is on it in the picture is just temporary, as I am retrofitting the hood that came with the tank to hold two CFLs. The bulbs that I got are 26 watts each and 6500 K each, so I will have over 10,000 k and I think it will be plenty of light. It is certainly bright in there, even more so than the invert tank which sports a Hagen GLO T5 HO fixture/light.

I have all the parts for the retrofit and will be putting it together today. My mother is building an identical one for her hex, also a 30 gallon.

Thanks for all the nice compliments everyone!

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thank you! It is growing very fast. I may have to remove the "shelf" on the right side, though, the moss is not growing beneath it because it blocks the light.

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store