Kyryah's Tank Photo Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
LOL, I'll be entering my invert tank, but not until the moss wall is finished :)

Somehow I miscounted (it is sad when you don't know how many tanks you have) and I have 6 more to photograph... Ten tanks total, not 9, lol.

Kristina

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
the K rating is not how much light you have, it is the color of the light, blue light has a higher K rating, red light has a lower K rating, 6500K is the color of our sun which is classifed as a yellow dwarf...

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
the K rating is not how much light you have, it is the color of the light, blue light has a higher K rating, red light has a lower K rating, 6500K is the color of our sun which is classifed as a yellow dwarf...
You know, I have one person tell me it is watts, another tells me is lumens, another tells me it is the k rating that matters... Then I am told that I need this many wpg, no you need this many wpg... That's not right you need this many wpg...

I am so lost on the light issue it isn't funny. At this point, I am going what I have and my plants will either thrive or they won't, and i'll cross that bridge when I come to it :D

I am not being grouchy, and I know that I did ask you for help, and I really appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions.

Next time I'm just gonna get the expensive lights and fixtures and save myself the stress, lol.

Kristina

Kali

Plagued by the "Tank Nazi"!!
Jun 8, 2009
Michigan
omgosh lol thats alot of tanks i mean if thats to many for you to handle i mean i got enough space :D lol jk cant wait to see the other tanks

Sorry, hate to tell you but if there is just no way that she has room for one, say the invert tank, it will be coming to my house.....:)

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Sorry, hate to tell you but if there is just no way that she has room for one, say the invert tank, it will be coming to my house.....:)
LOL, fat chance lady :D I just got the go ahead to put one in the bedroom....

Kristina

Kali

Plagued by the "Tank Nazi"!!
Jun 8, 2009
Michigan
LOL, fat chance lady :D I just got the go ahead to put on in the bedroom....

Kristina
Just remember....I know where you sleep and it could all be mine one day!!:raspberry:

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
You know, I have one person tell me it is watts, another tells me is lumens, another tells me it is the k rating that matters... Then I am told that I need this many wpg, no you need this many wpg... That's not right you need this many wpg...

I am so lost on the light issue it isn't funny. At this point, I am going what I have and my plants will either thrive or they won't, and i'll cross that bridge when I come to it :D

I am not being grouchy, and I know that I did ask you for help, and I really appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions.

Next time I'm just gonna get the expensive lights and fixtures and save myself the stress, lol.

Kristina
lol, i understand, watts is just how much heat the bulb puts out, lumens is just another way to mesure how bright something is, lumens is just what the human eye can see. another way to mesure is with par, that is how much light is put out , visible to the human eye or not.

it isnt something to get stressed over, i just go with as much lighting as the plants need and what you fine visualy appealing, some like bright and some like dim... just a prefrence.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Nice tanks, thanks for sharing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store