L-183 starlight bristlenose pleco care?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, I've ordered the filter and heater. I've got the cherry barb back in the main tank for a trial run, and the plec is alone in the QT. I still have no idea what to do with the betta for tonight... But at this point I'm thinking the main tank... Just until I can get the filter and heater running on a QT.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, I've got the Betta in a little unfiltered unheated bucket with some established media, and I'm doing daily 50%'s to keep the water clean. Star is definitely eating... (s)he had a poop string nearly 6 inches long lol (TMI much?) I'm doing daily 25%'s on that tank in order to help star heal. Cherry barb is officially eating and schooling in the 29 gallon, so all's good there. Now I just have to buy the wood, wait for the filter and heater to get here, then I can upgrade the betta. Also am looking for peat granules while in petsmart... Sound good?

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, since the forum spazzed, here's what happened:
1. Got the wood
2. The filter and heater shipped
3. The pleco has moved away from the heater
4. Betta made a bubblenest in his bucket...
5. I decided to heat the bucket, but leave the betta in it until the plec gets bigger.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, the betta is in it's own ten, the heater on the Plecos tank got upgraded so it actually gets to 80 degrees, and I'm going unfiltered on the bettas ten.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
I'm about to cry. Both my pleco AND sparky died today. :( sparky the betta jumped again... But my cat got to him first, and star was stuck to the filter intake when I walked into my room. Both were acting fine this morning! All params read 0 or are in appropriate range... I just am so heartbroken. I should've never done anything to stars tank. :( I noticed star was acting funny this morning and yesterday, but I assumed it was because of the new heater. it was just so unexpected! I did a water change on both of their tanks this morning :( this is definitely one of those moments where I want to quit the hobby. I don't know if I'll be able to replace star or not... I'll talk to the guy and see what he says. The Betta I plan to hold off on until I get the 29 gallon stocked.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm about to cry. Both my pleco AND sparky died today. :( sparky the betta jumped again... But my cat got to him first, and star was stuck to the filter intake when I walked into my room. Both were acting fine this morning! All params read 0 or are in appropriate range... I just am so heartbroken. I should've never done anything to stars tank. :( I noticed star was acting funny this morning and yesterday, but I assumed it was because of the new heater. it was just so unexpected! I did a water change on both of their tanks this morning :( this is definitely one of those moments where I want to quit the hobby. I don't know if I'll be able to replace star or not... I'll talk to the guy and see what he says. The Betta I plan to hold off on until I get the 29 gallon stocked.
Sorry about your loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store