L-183 starlight bristlenose pleco care?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Alright, temp slowly rising. It's at 79 now, and little fishy has moved away from the heater a bit. :) also, i've decided on a name for him/her ((s)he's my favorite fish... I think (s)he deserves one lol) so I shall from this moment on call him/her ringo star. :) if it's a boy I'll go by ringo, and if it's a girl I'll go by star, but these (s)he's are about to drive me nuts lol. :)

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
In my experience, younger plecos like hanging around the heater. I even had the heater to 84. Once they get older, they stop.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ph still steady at 6.8... Going to get wood hopefully this weekend for star to munch on while (s)he grows out in the ten. Also looking for peat to try and make things lower Ph wise. And (s)he isn't behind the heater nearly as much anymore. :) temp is at 79 (my heater sucks lol)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Ph still steady at 6.8... Going to get wood hopefully this weekend for star to munch on while (s)he grows out in the ten. Also looking for peat to try and make things lower Ph wise. And (s)he isn't behind the heater nearly as much anymore. :) temp is at 79 (my heater sucks lol)
PH tablets? Ive never had much success with them, but some have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store