LFS Visit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I have 5 small White Calvus in my 29gal with a pair of BN plecos all is fine for now but i will have to move these once they get bigger i would only do a mated pair in a 29gal but if there small like mine you will have a few years to decide..

As for the Julie's a pair will be fine in the 29gal if your going to keep the T-Barbs add a couple more and they will be dither fish for the Julie's i wouldn't keep loaches in such a small setup with these two species..

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I was hoping to get some shellies. I have a totally empty 10 set up too. Are there any combinations that would work with all of these fish?

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Oh and one more thing about the calvus - they are in a room that pretty much gets used only by me to look at them, so they aren't being scared by a lot of activity.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah Calvus are sorta timid but after a while they will get used to their environment so i wouldn't worry too much aye..

As for shellies the common smaller versions will do fine in a 10gal species only tank and the species you should really go for first to get your fins wet so to say is Neolamp Multipunctatus shellies they are a great first time shellie another nice shellie is Brevis but they get a little more robust in size.. The Occelatus gold shellie is cool and they are one of the smaller shellies but are a little more difficult to breed..

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
How about in either of the 29's? My original plan was the julies, loaches, and barbs in with a small harem of shellies.

PS. If anybody wants to get rid of some brevis or multis, I've been shopping around and I can't find any worth the shipping. And personally, I like the blue occies better.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I wouldn't...the loaches are going to feel cramped enough with the julies.

You could try them with the calvus but if they're still acting shy adding more fish probably wont help. Not to mention their shell pit takes away more valuable rock space.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
How many in the harem if I add them with the calvus?

I'm also hoping that the activity would help to bring the calvus out.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
If you go with shellies in the calvus stick to the bigger shellies like Brevis or Ornatipinnis the occeis will be on the menu when the Calvus are bigger but again they grow at a snails pace..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store