Lighting question for 30 gallon Planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
It is intimidating. DIY reactor is a 4th grade science project, pressurized CO2 do it yourself sounds like an example in The Darwin Awards...
DIY is easy, pressurized doesn't explode. Its a choice of how much you want to spend now and how much you will spend later.
Its like the old Aamco ad, pay me now or pay me later.

jasonG75

AC Members
Jun 1, 2010
Memphis, TN
haha yup yup. I didn't think i would get it but the bid was for 99 cents so i put one down and i ended up winning. It's not new it's old and used but it's supposed to still work and it was only 99 cents instead of 300 dollars.

Can't wait to see some PICS.

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
coach_z is so going to come down on your @ss for that one. WPG is a narco-syndicalist conspiracy meant to keep the plant keeping fish keepers down! :FIREdevil: It's a rule of thumb, not a law of physics.
Look on Craigslist. I got a unused GLA regulator set up for 180$ with accessories (320$ retail) and a friend had an unused CO2 cylinder froma kegerator...
I Don't appreciate my name being thrown around like this on the forum. Even worse it is a thread I am not even involved in.

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
I Don't appreciate my name being thrown around like this on the forum. Even worse it is a thread I am not even involved in.
:) So 30 Gallon x-high tank which is 24" tall and has a 48 watt T5 HO hood sitting about 4 inches above the water should give medium high light or should I invest (less $$) in a 65 watt CF hood that will sit approximately the same height from the bed... BTW, I'm going to make the investment into CO2... le sigh...

sundragon

AC Members
Dec 8, 2010
Washington, DC
The more info the better!

And please school me on WPG :) I know, now, that it's a standard that utilized T-12 lighting as the benchmark, but most of the examples of well planted natural tanks use CO2 and have 2-3 WPG using T5 HO and CF bulbs... Which is why I was confused.

Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store