Lighting???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
how bout 2 18'' coralife 96watt lights?

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
If you are going to try to keep anemones then you really should go with MH's or T-5's on an IC 660 with individual reflectors but I think the smallest they go is 24 inches so the MH is about your only option and nems dont usually do very well with PC lighting

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Grins my friend you must be one cool person to hang out with and talk fish and such all night. You seem to have good knowledge of saltwater. Been doing this awhile huh.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
In my opinion not OK if you want to keep high light demanding species in there. You have a tall tank, you're going to need strong light to get to the bottom for any species you place there and especially for things that are photosynethic and need light for food (well actually what is in them needs it for food but close enough)

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
If you are going to try to keep anemones then you really should go with MH's or T-5's on an IC 660 with individual reflectors but I think the smallest they go is 24 inches so the MH is about your only option and nems dont usually do very well with PC lighting

Agreed, I wasn't even thinking about the length at first when I said t5. I said a 400 watt because of how deep the tank is, but yes a 250 watt would work and anything that loves uber light can be placed in the top half.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
yeah maybe i shouldn't do nems, but how bout brain corals will they survive under the lighting i'm looking at? you guys are great. just joined this site and already I've learned more in 1 night than a few weeks at my LFS. thanx

Grins

May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Grins my friend you must be one cool person to hang out with and talk fish and such all night. You seem to have good knowledge of saltwater. Been doing this awhile huh.
Actually I'm a newbie when it comes to this, I've only been at it about 7 months. I just read, and read, and read. I participate in forums like this to get knowledge from others and I joined a local reef club as well. This hobby can be very addictive but it keeps me out of trouble. Sorta.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
ohhh...so it also has to do with how deep my tank is. Never thought of that.

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
Well you seem to know your stuff. As does the rest of the community.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store