Lionfish for a 75 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I will think of 1 volitan as a foot big Betta, I will do my best to feed both live and frozen. I've never heard of lion fish or eels eating flakes.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Just stay away from feeder goldfish. Frozen krill, prawns, live ghost shrimp, squid, silversides, and large marine pellets are all good foods.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Where do I get squid? Can they eat shrimp from the grocery store? BTW at my LFS they had a baby snowflake moray eel, about as round as a dime! It was so cute, he was in a hamster ball.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Frozen squid can be bought in the frozen fish food section. It comes in a frozen flat pack and you break off pieces to thaw and feed to your fish. Not all LFSs may carry it though.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
A well trained Volitan will likely eat your watch if you drop it in the tank. It will react to you just as an Oscar does, and it will learn from experience that whatever hits the water is probably food, including flakes. Which means you have to be extra careful around it, since it will generally want to come towards instead of away from you, which is a good way to get stung if you're not paying attention. They train rapidly if kept alone in a quarantine tank, and a month's qt should be all you need to have it eating out of your hand, which I wouldn't recommend actually doing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store