Live Rock in 1.016???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'd highly suggest getting a copy of Robert Fenner's book The Conscientious Marine Aquarist. Your local club might even have a library that will allow you to check it out for a nominal amount and that way for the price of membership you'd get the membership and access to the book for a month or so. I think you'd do well to get a better grasp of the fundamentals of keeping a marine system and to have some local support as well as recommendations on where to shop.

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
I'd highly suggest getting a copy of Robert Fenner's book The Conscientious Marine Aquarist. Your local club might even have a library that will allow you to check it out for a nominal amount and that way for the price of membership you'd get the membership and access to the book for a month or so. I think you'd do well to get a better grasp of the fundamentals of keeping a marine system and to have some local support as well as recommendations on where to shop.
I second that, that book has all the basics about keeping a marine tank. I bought it when I first got into the hobby and it helped me out alot

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I'll go to a library and pick up some books. Will my light be able to bring in any coraline algae? It looks good hehe.

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
With only one 15 watt bulb right? I don't think you'll get much growth, especially if the tank is high. Its more space the lights has to reach to get to the rock. I used to have a 25 gallon high, with two 15 watt bulbs and I got coraline with that, but don't know about just one light.

Jesshika

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles, California
www.myspace.com
Different coraline is going to grow in different lights but I'd still shoot for better lights to encourage it. You'll also want to be sure your water parameters are balanced to promote it as well.
True, you may still get coraline, but you'll get better coraline with the better lights. You may want to upgrade the lights if you ever decide you want to grow anything else. You can get some nice PC lights for a 20 gallon for a good price :grinyes:

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I have an extra 15 watt bulb and the actual fixture it's fitted into but not the hood. Is there any way I could make a hood for this light? That wuld bring me up to 30 watts 10,000K lighting on my 20 high. The hood would have to fit the normal stock fluorescent bulb and the white fixture thing. Oh and will you guys please respond in my marine equipment thread plz :)

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
cmon no one? :( I'm waiting on you guys to go to petco heh. Is the swing arm type hydrometer (instant ocean) better or is the bobber type better? (aquatic gardens)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store