look what I get to babysit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
two different houses ;)
and about 10 outdoor strays....all of these cats have ben abused.

Rava

Betta Babe
Dec 26, 2002
CA
If he's being neglected you need to report it. If it was a child you were caring for you would be a mandated reporter (meaning by law you'd have to call Child Protection Services). It shouldn't be any different if there is an animal at risk or suffering. Call animal control for loose dogs (like your neighbor's), and or call the ASPCA/HSUS if you have one in your area. Don't let these animals suffer.

By the way, I'm assuming you're not being exaggerative about him being neglected, so all of the above is in the case that he's not being fed or groomed, left outside in inclement weather, or if he's being physically hurt.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
my SPCA wont do anything,he gets left in a cage all day,the owner doesnt clean it(I do),and he doesnt get brushed/groomed unless I do it.
when he's older he will have run of the house but until then I will take care of him.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
bettagurl said:
my SPCA wont do anything,he gets left in a cage all day,the owner doesnt clean it(I do),and he doesnt get brushed/groomed unless I do it.
when he's older he will have run of the house but until then I will take care of him.
then you need to involve the law. i know you might not want too, but like Rava said, its your duty to report any abuse. animal cruelty is against the law, as is animal hoarding (it is a form of neglect) and if your SPCA wont do anything, you should involve the poliece because then they HAVE to.

Rava

Betta Babe
Dec 26, 2002
CA
Do you realize that while what you're doing is a good thing, it's not enough? That puppy will suffer emotional consequences for lack of socialization (maybe even aggression. More likely severe separation anxiety and/or fear, and innapropriate behaviors), and it will suffer physical problems from not being able to exercise or play. What you're doing is great, and I'm glad you're doing it, but it is NOT ENOUGH. That puppy deserves far better, and you are the ONLY one who has the power and will to ensure that he lives a happy, healthy life. He will not have the run of the house when he's older because he will exhibit innapropriate behaviors (housebreaking issues, destructiveness, biting, etc.) from never having been socialized and trained. More likely he will end up in a shelter!

DO SOMETHING. Do whatever it takes to give this little guy a chance, including involving the authorities like JM said. If I can help you do the right thing in any way, let me know, please. I have a Yorkie myself, so to see any animal suffer--and especially a baby that looks just like my dog--breaks my heart. I will help you any way I can to get that dog a new home and the life he deserves, ok?

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
because the lady's BF bought him for $1,400,she doesnt care but he does,and have four dogs already,one of which is sitting in my lap :rolleyes:

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Rava said:
Do you realize that while what you're doing is a good thing, it's not enough? That puppy will suffer emotional consequences for lack of socialization (maybe even aggression. More likely severe separation anxiety and/or fear, and innapropriate behaviors), and it will suffer physical problems from not being able to exercise or play. What you're doing is great, and I'm glad you're doing it, but it is NOT ENOUGH. That puppy deserves far better, and you are the ONLY one who has the power and will to ensure that he lives a happy, healthy life. He will not have the run of the house when he's older because he will exhibit innapropriate behaviors (housebreaking issues, destructiveness, biting, etc.) from never having been socialized and trained. More likely he will end up in a shelter!

DO SOMETHING. Do whatever it takes to give this little guy a chance, including involving the authorities like JM said. If I can help you do the right thing in any way, let me know, please. I have a Yorkie myself, so to see any animal suffer--and especially a baby that looks just like my dog--breaks my heart. I will help you any way I can to get that dog a new home and the life he deserves, ok?
I got her to let me pad-train him,so after he gets the hang of it I'll make sure he's happy.I have been taking him home with me while the lady is at work and letting him get his energy out,but if it gets bad I WILL let you know,thank you for showing so much conern and willingness to help :)
If she ever puts him outside he will,er,disapear into thin air;)

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
when I take him out he gets plenty of attention,alot of people hold/brush/rub/walk and cuddle him all day,I dont think he would be agressive/scared of people.
I think his owners got him because he was cute and pure-bred,not for a animal to love.
when I get pets they come from the ASPCA or other animal rescue places.
I will keep everyone posted on how the baby does.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store