Losing a job sucks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Good luck to you! Hope you find something new real soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I feel ya pain....I do "part time" IT manager for a company where i live...I was pulled into a meeting last week to "discuss" employment...did not go well...

Tomorrow, i'm in another meeting to see if i still have that job....Even though i am self employed, that job actually brings in most of my income...so, if i loose that, i need to move fast to replace that income....mortgages to pay etc etc....I'm 99% certain that the job will be redundant as of tomorrow... :(

Last edited:

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I'm sorry to hear the news and wish you the best of luck!

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
I am sorry to hear all this bad new, g'luck guys
I am sure you will pull through as tough as it is

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Sorry to hear!
It's tough out there, four other people I know lost jobs just this week.
All the bull that the economy is picking up, someone has to do something about generating jobs in this country and trim all the outsourcing.
Anyway there are sites on-line that not your regular job sites, like LinkedIn, Craigslist and Facebook that people are having luck with, something to look at.

arachnar

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
Sorry to hear, made dad quit his after a decade of a job he hated and went to go back to college, that can be an option as well.

Just Prince

AC Members
Nov 2, 2007
IF you have the character back ground look to Law Enforcement. Even in this climate some departments and agencies are still hiring. Unfortunately their is no shortage of work.

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
IF you have the character back ground look to Law Enforcement. Even in this climate some departments and agencies are still hiring. Unfortunately their is no shortage of work.

Yeah, unfortunately about the only option people have now days is working for the government. whether its police work or streets and sanitation.

New years eve, one of the larger union contractors that shop at my store closed its doors after 134 years in business. A few more are hanging by a thread after the Spire building lost funding.
Then last week another union contractor was raided by the FEDs and was closed. After the FED raid of one, we think a few more will be as well, being Chicago politics and all, Rezko is really letting it all out.

So in two weeks we lost over 100k a year out of my store. Lucky we already trimmed the fat and all we have left is the muscle as far as workers go.

Good luck to all of you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store