Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

[AC] HI IQ

Follow the rainbow
Mar 5, 2008
ACville
Real Name
Perfectus
[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2750204 said:
Ok I am out for a while. I reread and I suppose I would say that if the jump aboard Tree Hugger was the mafia team move then this will be a very easy game for the town.

So aside from the scummiest post being the wizard stirring things a bit (which is also capable of being read as an innocent and pro town post) the scummiest move so far is probably the third vote on Tree Hugger which I think was Driver8 (?). That's about as much as you could make out of the game so far.
[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2750239 said:
OK I might not be around for nightfall unfortunately. I feel better acting on whatever logic is available than anything else. I said the scummiest move so far was the third vote on Tree so I retract my vote to lynch whoever I said I was voting for before and I vote to lynch Driver8
From this little bit it appears that you weren't concerned with who the 3rd vote was, as you couldn't be bothered to remember, just that the 3rd vote was yet whomever it was the fact that it was the 3rd vote warranted a vote from you.

[AC] C-note;2750120 said:
This looks like you're just trying to find a reason to vote for wiz. I vote to burn tree_hugger at the stake.
Looks like you were looking for a reason to vote Tree.
Interesting. I remember people using the "third one on must be mafia" to frame innocents. Doesn't make much sense to frame on day 1, and it's not like it's not sometimes true, but it sticks out to me. Hmmm.
Well now that Driver has flipped innocent, does it change your thoughts on this statement?

[AC] Tree_Hugger;2750295 said:
Looks like I need to at least make it a tie...
[AC] Tree_Hugger;2750298 said:
I retract my vote on the wizard and vote to burn Driver 8 at the stake.
This is to tie the vote up. I hope the whatever happens, something is learned from this. I guess voting for someone not using an alias was bad as they are a good player and has many friends playing. I am not sure what that has to do with the game, maybe it will be explained later.
Why did you pick Driver for your vote?
I'm confused as to what you mean by wiz has friends playing?
From what I can read, it seems that Tree is getting a tad flustered, it could be that no one likes to be the D1 lynch, or a mafia connection.

[AC] narwhal

Unicorn of the sea
Mar 11, 2008
The Arctic
Real Name
Monodon monoceros
The other possibility since it was day one, is that even if one of those in a tie for the barbequing is a witch, would the other witches want to stand out by saving them? I do not think I would unless it was the boss. A last minute kill vote on day one would stand out like two sore thumbs.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
[AC] HI IQ;2750508 said:
From this little bit it appears that you weren't concerned with who the 3rd vote was, as you couldn't be bothered to remember, just that the 3rd vote was yet whomever it was the fact that it was the 3rd vote warranted a vote from you.
I don't know that that's completely fair at all. In a previous post I said that I believed the scummiest thing done so far was that third vote - could it be in any doubt who had put the vote down (Driver) ?

In any event, seeing as how I was identifying the third vote on Tree as a scummy move, then yes, who ever did that would have been guilty in my eyes of a scummy move.

I'll let others take their own view but to me this is a very odd effort by you to throw some mud my way.

@Narwhal - I take that point (last minute kill vote = potentially two sore thumbs).

That said on a D1 lynch a halfway competent witch team should be able to either talk their way out of it, or throw the saved witch to the wolves the next day, gaining big brownie points for their other members. I know if I was on a mafia team without the potential to turn people over I would be really unhappy at losing one to a lynch on Day 1.

Anyway, even if you didn't want to go so far as getting votes onto a innocent you would at least get some talk up to try and stir the pot - which didn't really happen here.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750350 said:
I've pretty much caught up... mostly from my phone. I've got a few minutes at a computer so I wanted to point out what I'm seeing so far.

12:09

12:13

12:15

12:19 (i think)

This whole thing is awful strange to me. Some one got caught up in some emotion here. I'm just not sure yet. If I had to bet right now, I would say that Tree hit a spot with Wiz, and at least one of the other two is scum. I still need to go back and look through a bit more thoughtfully when I get home, but that's my first impression, and I tend to go with my gut.

The other thing that really stuck out to me was HIIQ jumping in and out like he/she did right in the middle of things getting good and not even saying a word about it. Something about the timing and the fact that in two posts, HIIQ couldn't be bothered to give us anything else to go on.

Like I said, Just my first impressions, but I wanted to put something out there while I had the chance. I'll be around much, much more the next couple of days.
I find it interesting that your first impression is that tree "hit a spot" with me when his reason for voting me was flawed. To be precise because I said it was dead and it would make voting harder then came right back and complained about D1 and voted.

As was pointed out, the two posts that drew Tree's vote were separated by the night and I mentioned I would be working on my truck all day so needed to get a vote in. Did you happen to miss all of that?

The possibility that Tree might be scum trying to lynch an innocent that they know for a fact won't be UDing from that player's history didn't even occur to you?

Hmmmm...........

[AC] HI IQ

Follow the rainbow
Mar 5, 2008
ACville
Real Name
Perfectus
[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2750204 said:
So aside from the scummiest post being the wizard stirring things a bit (which is also capable of being read as an innocent and pro town post) the scummiest move so far is probably the third vote on Tree Hugger which I think was Driver8 (?). That's about as much as you could make out of the game so far.
[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2750527 said:
I don't know that that's completely fair at all. In a previous post I said that I believed the scummiest thing done so far was that third vote - could it be in any doubt who had put the vote down (Driver) ?

In any event, seeing as how I was identifying the third vote on Tree as a scummy move, then yes, who ever did that would have been guilty in my eyes of a scummy move.
It seems pretty doubtful to me...
So you are saying that the third vote on Tree no matter who it was would have garnered your vote on them?

[AC] Tiburon321

?Peligroso!
Mar 5, 2008
ACville
Real Name
JAWS
Off over the hill a scream is heard....Tiburon is found covered from to head to toe in warts that were oozing some kind of unknown puss.

Tiburon was innocent
So sorry about the UD folks, no excuses, I just did not get on in time. Good luck townies.....

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] Doomsday998;2750340 said:
Why did you feel compelled to make it a tie?
I feel like this was a stupid question, but perhaps the answer isn't what I expect.

That being said...I would be interested in knowing Tree why you chose Driver over the other players with 2 votes. I believe someone may have already asked this but I thought I would as well, just in case.

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
That's my job
:mad:
pretty dead around here going to make voting difficult.
I hate D1 voting. Nothing to go on.

That said, I probably won't make it back prior to night fall as I will be installing the engine back into my truck.

I vote to burn chupacabra at the stake

I just think it is wrong to put antlers on a cat.
Just skimmed to try to see what the day was like, truck isn't finished yet (ran out of daylight) but it will be tomorrow so I shouldn't miss another night fall.

Sorry to see you go Mael and Driver. Tib, really? UD on D1?

Looking back through the game I wish I had been able to get on earlier. I guess a lot is my fault for not using an alias when everyone else is, takes all the guess work out of who I may be so I could be targeted.

That said, I see that some were able to notice that my "dead thread" post and my vote post were spaced out between last night and this morning.

The "dead thread" post was because even though it was D1, there hadn't been any game related posts yet. There were barely any posts at all. With the number of players we have there should have been more than that. Hiding is NOT the way to win this game. We need to make an effort to discuss things.

I need to go back through and see what sticks out the most to me.
I find it interesting that your first impression is that tree "hit a spot" with me when his reason for voting me was flawed. To be precise because I said it was dead and it would make voting harder then came right back and complained about D1 and voted.

As was pointed out, the two posts that drew Tree's vote were separated by the night and I mentioned I would be working on my truck all day so needed to get a vote in. Did you happen to miss all of that?

The possibility that Tree might be scum trying to lynch an innocent that they know for a fact won't be UDing from that player's history didn't even occur to you?

Hmmmm...........
You're right, Wiz. I was incorrect in saying that Tree hit a spot with you. After all, how could anyone know how you reacted to what he was saying when you never even bothered to respond to what he was saying? It actually just struck me when I was going back through to look at your posting in particular... You never even bothered to respond. That's decidedly un-Wizlike. Or should I say un-innocent-Wizlike. You usually don't mind stirring the pot. Infact, you're usually one of the first to do so. I think many of us have seen you get yourself lynched as an overzealous townie. This time, there's really nothing at all. It's like you're trying to go unnoticed. I'm not buying it. An innocent Wiz is usually questioning everyone and everything. An innocent Wiz says "I"m going to go back and look" and then comes back wtih observations. You've given us nothing so far.

That all being said, I do think that Tree's vote hit a note with someone. When I said that someone got "caught up in emotion" I was referring to those who voted Tree so closely after he voted you. Obviously, Driver is innocent. That leaves either Wing-Nut or Cnote. At least one of them are your accomplices. That's more of a gut feel for now.

Then there's this... so far, Tree and I have come out against you. Both times, every time your name gets mentioned, Wiz, the person doing the mentioning becomes the attacked. That's seems a bit more than coincidental to me. Take into account also that Doomsday seems pretty averse to even looking at Wing-Nut, in favor of throwing Cnote under the bus instead, and things are not looking good for Doomsday or Wing-Nut in my opinion. Wing-Nut being the first to jump on Tree after voting you, Doomsday being the one to jump on me.

So, when I say someone got caught up in emotion, I guess I'm really referring to Wing Nut in this case. He saw that a teammate was being voted for, and jumped on the person casting the vote. He did it without thinking or checking in with the den. That's getting caught up in emotion. That fact also suggests to me that WIZ IS THE HIGH PRIEST!

So, to sum up:

I'm sure Wiz has to be the High Priest. In fact: I vote to burn Wiz at the stake. This vote will not be changing until Wiz is proved to be the scum that he is.
Doomsday: for your reactcion to the very basic notes that I posted, and your unwillingness to even look at Wing, you are scum.
Wing: because of Doomy's defense of you, and your seemingly "random" vote on the person who just voted your boss, you are also scum.

Keep in mind here, townies... If the High Priest is killed, the scum only get a 50% turn each night. That increases things strongly in our favor, especially this early in the game.

This message paid for by the "tie the Wizard to the stake and roast him like Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central committee."

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
A couple of things I am going back and forth on, can't make up my mind just yet. Need to get back to work on my truck, will be back later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store