Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
A couple of things I am going back and forth on, can't make up my mind just yet. Need to get back to work on my truck, will be back later.
Taking some time out before responding to my post, eh? I would to if I were scum and totally hung over a barrel. I'll be waiting eagerly for your response, dude. :thumbsup:

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750541 said:
You're right, Wiz. I was incorrect in saying that Tree hit a spot with you. After all, how could anyone know how you reacted to what he was saying when you never even bothered to respond to what he was saying? It actually just struck me when I was going back through to look at your posting in particular... You never even bothered to respond. That's decidedly un-Wizlike. Or should I say un-innocent-Wizlike. You usually don't mind stirring the pot. Infact, you're usually one of the first to do so. I think many of us have seen you get yourself lynched as an overzealous townie. This time, there's really nothing at all. It's like you're trying to go unnoticed. I'm not buying it. An innocent Wiz is usually questioning everyone and everything. An innocent Wiz says "I"m going to go back and look" and then comes back wtih observations. You've given us nothing so far.

That all being said, I do think that Tree's vote hit a note with someone. When I said that someone got "caught up in emotion" I was referring to those who voted Tree so closely after he voted you. Obviously, Driver is innocent. That leaves either Wing-Nut or Cnote. At least one of them are your accomplices. That's more of a gut feel for now.

Then there's this... so far, Tree and I have come out against you. Both times, every time your name gets mentioned, Wiz, the person doing the mentioning becomes the attacked. That's seems a bit more than coincidental to me. Take into account also that Doomsday seems pretty averse to even looking at Wing-Nut, in favor of throwing Cnote under the bus instead, and things are not looking good for Doomsday or Wing-Nut in my opinion. Wing-Nut being the first to jump on Tree after voting you, Doomsday being the one to jump on me.

So, when I say someone got caught up in emotion, I guess I'm really referring to Wing Nut in this case. He saw that a teammate was being voted for, and jumped on the person casting the vote. He did it without thinking or checking in with the den. That's getting caught up in emotion. That fact also suggests to me that WIZ IS THE HIGH PRIEST!

So, to sum up:

I'm sure Wiz has to be the High Priest. In fact: I vote to burn Wiz at the stake. This vote will not be changing until Wiz is proved to be the scum that he is.
Doomsday: for your reactcion to the very basic notes that I posted, and your unwillingness to even look at Wing, you are scum.
Wing: because of Doomy's defense of you, and your seemingly "random" vote on the person who just voted your boss, you are also scum.

Keep in mind here, townies... If the High Priest is killed, the scum only get a 50% turn each night. That increases things strongly in our favor, especially this early in the game.

This message paid for by the "tie the Wizard to the stake and roast him like Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central committee."
Just saw this and thought I should respond.

If the fact that I have been tearing the engine apart and trying to get it back into my truck so I can get back to work pre occupying my thoughts and time makes me scum then guilty.

I cannot play to your high standards and satisfaction until the truck is done. Sorry to let you down.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750546 said:
Taking some time out before responding to my post, eh? I would to if I were scum and totally hung over a barrel. I'll be waiting eagerly for your response, dude. :thumbsup:
Don't be too sure of yourself.

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
Just saw this and thought I should respond.

If the fact that I have been tearing the engine apart and trying to get it back into my truck so I can get back to work pre occupying my thoughts and time makes me scum then guilty.

I cannot play to your high standards and satisfaction until the truck is done. Sorry to let you down.
I'm not let down. It's not my high standards that you're not playing up to, it's your own. I've played with you before when you're busy, and you've been preoccupied. That looks much different than what I'm seeing this game. This game, you seem much more concerned with laying low and not making waves. Even when I goad you all you have is a pity me post. :bs: That's not Wiz. You've never backed away from anyone in one of these games, and I don't buy it that your truck is the cause of your off game.

You're sucm Wiz. Just admit it. I've got the next two days off of work, and I have no problem spending them hounding you and your cohorts (Doomy and Wing) until you all tap out.

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
Don't be too sure of yourself.
Is 100% too sure? Not in this case.

Why no defense? Why no argument? Why no post pulling or question asking? Why say you're not going to be around when obviously you're sitting right there at your computer refreshing? Why am I being such a pain in the ***?

All of the answers to these questions are the same:

You're scum. In fact, I'm certain that you're the High Priest.

Admit it, Wiz. Confession may better your chances in the hereafter. It's doubtful, but it may.

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750541 said:
You're right, Wiz. I was incorrect in saying that Tree hit a spot with you. After all, how could anyone know how you reacted to what he was saying when you never even bothered to respond to what he was saying? It actually just struck me when I was going back through to look at your posting in particular... You never even bothered to respond. That's decidedly un-Wizlike. Or should I say un-innocent-Wizlike. You usually don't mind stirring the pot. Infact, you're usually one of the first to do so. I think many of us have seen you get yourself lynched as an overzealous townie. This time, there's really nothing at all. It's like you're trying to go unnoticed. I'm not buying it. An innocent Wiz is usually questioning everyone and everything. An innocent Wiz says "I"m going to go back and look" and then comes back wtih observations. You've given us nothing so far.

That all being said, I do think that Tree's vote hit a note with someone. When I said that someone got "caught up in emotion" I was referring to those who voted Tree so closely after he voted you. Obviously, Driver is innocent. That leaves either Wing-Nut or Cnote. At least one of them are your accomplices. That's more of a gut feel for now.

Then there's this... so far, Tree and I have come out against you. Both times, every time your name gets mentioned, Wiz, the person doing the mentioning becomes the attacked. That's seems a bit more than coincidental to me. Take into account also that Doomsday seems pretty averse to even looking at Wing-Nut, in favor of throwing Cnote under the bus instead, and things are not looking good for Doomsday or Wing-Nut in my opinion. Wing-Nut being the first to jump on Tree after voting you, Doomsday being the one to jump on me.

So, when I say someone got caught up in emotion, I guess I'm really referring to Wing Nut in this case. He saw that a teammate was being voted for, and jumped on the person casting the vote. He did it without thinking or checking in with the den. That's getting caught up in emotion. That fact also suggests to me that WIZ IS THE HIGH PRIEST!

So, to sum up:

I'm sure Wiz has to be the High Priest. In fact: I vote to burn Wiz at the stake. This vote will not be changing until Wiz is proved to be the scum that he is.
Doomsday: for your reactcion to the very basic notes that I posted, and your unwillingness to even look at Wing, you are scum.
Wing: because of Doomy's defense of you, and your seemingly "random" vote on the person who just voted your boss, you are also scum.

Keep in mind here, townies... If the High Priest is killed, the scum only get a 50% turn each night. That increases things strongly in our favor, especially this early in the game.

This message paid for by the "tie the Wizard to the stake and roast him like Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central committee."
It's hard to even respond to a post that is basically a huge jump to conclusions.

I was asserting that if anyone was protecting Wiz it would pretty much had to have been Cnote, given the reasoning for the vote. They are the only one that responded directly to Tree. The other votes were joke/random votes.

You're putting words into my mouth by saying I'm not willing to look at Wing. Based on the situation at hand I don't see what would implicate Wing. Nor Cnote, for that matter.

It's rather early to be as sure as you are about scum...let alone the scum boss.

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
[AC] Doomsday998;2750558 said:
It's hard to even respond to a post that is basically a huge jump to conclusions.

I was asserting that if anyone was protecting Wiz it would pretty much had to have been Cnote, given the reasoning for the vote. They are the only one that responded directly to Tree. The other votes were joke/random votes.

You're putting words into my mouth by saying I'm not willing to look at Wing. Based on the situation at hand I don't see what would implicate Wing. Nor Cnote, for that matter.

It's rather early to be as sure as you are about scum...let alone the scum boss.
Of course I'm jumping to conclusions. This whole game is about jumping to conclusions. I think the thing that has you upended is that I'm right, so early in the game.

You asserting that Cnote had to be the one defending Wiz is simply ludicrous. Wing's vote on Tree is a subtle way of defending Wiz. Of course he didn't mention it in the post. Don't you think that would be a little stupid? His vote was because Tree's vote was on his leader. I wasn't sure of that until you came out trying to direct my view toward Cnote, but it makes sense now.

How am I putting words in your mouth? A few inches above this line, you go as far as to say that Wing never even responded directly to Tree. Again, I beg to differ. Wing's vote was a direct response to Tree's. Feels like I've said that before... hmmm.

Anyway, I don't care how early in the game it is. I'm right, and I'm not letting it go, and I'm not going to be quiet about it.

WIZ IS THE HIGH PRIEST! And I'm pretty sure Doomy and Wing are his toadies. We can get to them later. For right now, Wiz needs the stake, and the fire... and the screaming. No delays, No excuses. If you have played with Wiz before, ask yourself this... is this the Wiz you've seen? The only answer is no.

Put me up against him if you like. Whatever you all need to do to feel good about it, but Wiz has to go.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
These are the Day 1 votes at nightfall for reference purposes :-

Vote count

Narwhal-(1)-Hammer
Chupa-(1)-Wizard
Rickets-(1)Chupa
Wizard-(1)-Tree, Fire
Tree-(3)- Wingnut, C-note, Driver
Mael-(2)- Gunslinger, Rickets
Dooms-(1)-HiIQ
Gun-(2)-Narwhal, Scoop
Driver-(3)-Star, Nem, Tree
Wingnut-(2)-BadHaggis, UhOh
HIIQ-(1)-Dooms
C-note-(0)-Mael

No vote- Tib

15 minutes till nightfall.....PM's as required
Fire-(0)-Nem
Nem-(1)Mael
OK lets look at the Day 1 final votes again. Things that scum do.

1. They vote for each other, ideally (for them) in a totally non-threatening way. That's because a) they have to vote for someone and b) they like to point back to the vote if the other scum gets nailed and say 'I was on him the whole time.

2. They don't like, if at all avoidable, to have their vote count for anything. On Day that is usually totally avoidable, as the town are statistically likely in the absence of a big slip up to fasten onto a townie or two.

2. They kill somebody with a view to making innocents look scummy, or to take out a really good player.

Looking at the idea that scum vote in inconsequential ways, Hammer, Wizard, Chupa, Tree (for ditching off wizard when someone joined him with a second vote), Hi IQ, Doomsday and Maelstrom would be considered. Fire was a second vote on Wizard. That is just a little less scummy than a singleton vote so I leave Fire out for now.

Delete Maestrom also- known innocent.

I take Tree off the list for the reasons I gave earlier, mildly leaning them innocent - I don't see them letting one go even to a tie on Day 1 in a game with no guaranteed turns and no effort was made to save Tree. I would lean Wingnut, C-Note and Driver innocent based on not making inconsequential votes, and interestingly Driver is of course, a (dead) known innocent.

I can make a stronger case for Wingnut being innocent based on him also having two votes himself. Again I don't believe that the witches would allow this to be the case so close to nightfall on Day 1, if he was a witch, with the risk of 3 votes getting you in a tie for the lynch.

This would also allow me to lean Badhaggis and UhOh as innocent - for not being inconsequential votes.

Leaving Hammer, Wizard, Chupa, Hi IQ and Doomsday as inconsequential votes. Hold that thought.

I said earlier that scum vote for themselves a lot on Day 1. The reason is that they can do it knowing that they won't get a dangerous reaction from the person voted for, they can stage some kind of argument if they like and also if a couple more votes do come on, they can take their own vote off as necessary and put it elsewhere for the save. They can also point backwards if one of them does get exposed and killed and say 'yeah I was on him from the start'.

Anyway, ideally as a scummy Day 1 voter a couple of them park their bs votes on each other.

Turning to the actual votes, Doomsday voted for Hi IQ and Hi IQ voted for Doomsday. Turning back to Wizard and Chupa, Wizard voted for Chupa.

Chupa voted for Rickets, for the record.

OK so those are my thoughts based on a bog standard scum Day 1 vote plan.

Turning to the hit :-

Maelstrom is a known innocent and one who was killed by the death spell. Unless they thought Maelstrom was a top player they would hit him just to make townies look bad. In fact even if the hit was done because they thought he was good they would be looking to get some suspicion onto townies as well anyway.

Gunslinger and Rickets were voting for Maelstrom. There is some cause for thinking that they might therefore be innocent and that the witches hope to use their votes in the future against them.

In passing I comment that Maelstrom was voting for me. I believe Maelstrom was quite likely also hit to make it look as if he was on to something in doing this - reason being his vote was based on an analysis of my posts and not just random. I only make this comment in basing. Of course, I lean myself as a known innocent but you people can't know that.

I don't know that I'm willing to lean Gunslinger and Rickets innocent based on the same logic but I could certainly be persuaded. In any event, by being part of a potentially consequential vote (lynching an innocent Mael if somebody else jumped on), I would lean them a little innocent as per the discussion on inconsequential/consequential votes above.

In summary for those reasons I lean Wizard, Hi IQ and Doomsday just a little bit scummy when compared to the rest of the town because they each come in under both headings of Day 1 scumtells. I don't know how I feel about Chupas vote on Rickets but it is interesting.

These are very mild leanings I stress and not based on posts made by any of them. I will be re-reading the thread later to see how I feel about their posts generally.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store