Making my 800 gal bigger.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
MORE!!!

MonsterFishResc

AC Members
Mar 21, 2008
I've got a direct drive camera, it only takes digital videos and does not take a tape or disk or dvd... All I do is plug it into the computer via usb, then load the vid into youtube...

More? Well, I've got some good news and bad news... The bad news is the tank leaked... The good news is I know why and it can easily be fixed... Only trouble is I filled the thing (two hours and twenty minutes) and I had to empty it an hour later...

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
"Oh cool, I just put my elbow in the wet silicone, awesome." :rofl:

I can't believe how I missed this whole thread, nice project and good luck with it!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Dang! What caused the leak? Need more pond armor? How will you vacuum the deep side, or is there access to it from the back room?

Hey!! Once your tank is up and running, full of monsters, could you install a video camera somehow to view the deep side from your easy chair.... (and to share with us, lol)

Or how 'bout this.... "Monsterfishrescue.com/monsterfishrescuecam" so we can watch your monsters roving about?
I bet you could get lots of donations for your operation. Why, soon you'd be able to add the Monsterfishrescue Wing, to your house. With maybe another tank, 1200 gallons or so, lol.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Hey fightingfeeders. He rescues big fish that have grown too large for their tanks, such as oscars and pacus and others that get huge.

There are many people out there that start out with a little bitty oscar and don't realise how big they get, then need to rehome them. They don't really have a lot of options if a fish store won't take them, or they can't find someone with a huge tank.

Jonathan takes them in and has this huge tank that is just the right size. He tries to adopt them out/rehome them, but his main focus is saving big fish that would otherwise die slow painful deaths. He had a big tank before, that he had to replace due to a leak, and decided to redo it even bigger with even more room for the big guys.

If you look back over the post, I think on page 1 or so you can see pics of his previous tank with big fish.

The sister site to this one, monsterfishkeepers.com, has members with big tanks with big fish to give you an idea of just how large these guys can get, and how big their tanks need to be.

You should go take a look at that and you will see some incredible pics of incredible fish and tanks.

Bnoble

Advanced User
Jan 31, 2008
USA,VA
very nice bro! looking good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store