Making water changes a bit more friendly!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
this whole thread has a hostile tone.

For whats its worth I like your simple solution that solved your problem. I have done similar things in the past using stuff lying around the house/garage.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Wow...
I thought it was a pretty good idea myself. suprised to see the hostile replies to this.

I simply installed a diverter valve in the output of my canister filter, and ran a garden hose through the floor into the basement drain... my filter will then pump the water out of my tank and into the drain of the house. cost me like 20 bucks... garden gose, PVC T and valve, and some wire ties..

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Well, I for one do not see anything hostile in it. Each of us have our own preferred way to do things.

The OP has posted a functional system that works for them and maybe it will help someone else....what the forum is all about.

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
That's true. I just learned not to mix from keeping herpes cause of the salmonella potential.
I do think it was sort of ingenious. It is something I will consider when having to do larger water changes.

jbowzer7

AC Members
Apr 5, 2008
Red Wing, MN
I for one liked this pump idea. I don't like to waste water either, so if I am not cleaning the tank bottom with my phyton, I just let it siphon by itself. Needless to say this can take awhile if a person has a few bigger tanks. I also though that the diverter valve THE Zigman used is a great idea if you are just doing water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store