"Multies" Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Farow

AC Members
Jun 15, 2010
Broomfield, CO
Sorry, it is taking a while for the pictures I hope to get them up by this weekend. Just need to borrow a camera...

Anyway, I am a bit concerned for my female multies. One of them in paticular has her skin darkening around her mouth and on her forhead. I will try to get a close up to show what I mean by this weekend. I am hoping this is just a coloration change for the fish. She is still eating and moving around actively which leads mean to think that she is probably fine. I rarely have had diseases or parasites with my fish so I am not familar with signs for them except the common forms. Does this sound like anything? I did a google search on fish diseases but nothing seems to look like or match what is occuring on her face.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
New home and different water probably just a change in mood coloration just keep an eye on her..

Farow

AC Members
Jun 15, 2010
Broomfield, CO
Well, I do plan to get pictures at some point. Need to invest in my own camera at some point.

Anyway, I found at least five small fry coming out of a shell this morning. I know these guys breed like rabbits but it was still exciting to see especially since the female who bred was the one with the color problems (which are fading). I started hatching some brine shrimp and put some finely ground flakes near the shell until the brine shrimp batch hatches.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yep fine pulverized flake usually high protein flake like earthworm flake will suffice..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store