My 125 gallon build a.k.a. in the deep end...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice grow out tank....better than most folks display tanks.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Nice grow out tank....better than most folks display tanks.
i wouldnt say most, but a whole darn lot of em. a few more plants, and ill go with ya on that.

and i have nothing against the growout tank, you must have a lot of aquascaping skill to scape the 125 that freaking awesomely, and to aquascape a growout tank so nice that a mod says its better than most display tanks, while you probly didnt even try to make it look that nice. you have some crazy talent for aquascape. :)

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Hey... I just thought about something... Do you have the rhizome on the anubias covered? I can't see very well in the pic, but it looks like you might.

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
Hey... I just thought about something... Do you have the rhizome on the anubias covered? I can't see very well in the pic, but it looks like you might.
No, admittedly they're hard to see in the photo, but all three are above the sand, sort of running parallel to the ground. I planted them "good side forward" if you will. I think the leaves are blocking the view.

Thanks though. That's a great point when planting anubias. I'll keep an eye on them. The cories do root around and that playsand is pretty fine. It easily could get pushed up.

Pleae keep watching out for me. Never know when I'll do something wrong next!

1cooljeep

AC Members
Jan 31, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Dave
2 more weeks of growth

I am initially somewhat reluctant to post update shots from my tank. When you're with it everyday, its hard to notice the incremental changes. Its only when I post these updates do I get a feel how the tank has filled in. So pardon me as I indulge myself and document the growth here. I hope you enjoy following along as well. While the tank continues to fill in, what's most amazing to me is the amount of plant material I have had to prune out of this tank to keep it this tame!

Currently, things are in a holding pattern. I'm trying to wait patiently as my grow-out tank cycles and settles down. I'm going to move forward along my original plan. I think I'll order the angels in a few weeks and land them in the grow-out tank for several months prior to adding them to the 125. I do appreciate the advice and have heard people's concerns about mixing angels with the Serpae tetras. There are clearly opinions on either side of this plan. I guess I'll have an opinion along with some data of my own to offer up in the near future!

Until then, more of the same...

125 gallon planted tank as of 8-14-11
8-14-069.JPG

Front cover plantings growing in...
8-14-055.JPG

Grow-out tank as of 8-14-11. I swear I cleaned the glass prior to this picture!!! Guess I missed a spot.
8-14-061.JPG

Thanks for all the interest, your comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming.

8-14-069.JPG 8-14-055.JPG 8-14-061.JPG

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Just fantastic! Amazing stand and hood; what a professional job! Everything looks just great. The plants and 'scaping on the big tank and your grow-out, as well. Can't wait to see more updates.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Filling in quite well....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store