My 135 gallon reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
What kind of Acropora is the light blue one with the blue polyps (I honestly never try to identify them--they confound me)? I am also looking for something similar to your Acropora suharsonoi--maybe ORA's A. granulosa...

Nicholase22

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
Wow that's an amazing tank. Seeing pictures like that make me want to venture into the saltwater world. After a lot of research of course. lol

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
What kind of Acropora is the light blue one with the blue polyps (I honestly never try to identify them--they confound me)? I am also looking for something similar to your Acropora suharsonoi--maybe ORA's A. granulosa...
Well considering I spelled suharsonoi wrong I am not sure either. I actually thought it was a lokani till my LFS corrected me. Trying to ID some of the Acro species is like trying to ID some catfish species.

I dont have any granulosa yet, but our club usually does 2 or 3 group buys from ORA a year. If I have the money I will get in on the next order.
I really like the ORA hawkins blue echinata. Hopefully this will be available then.

I hope the light blue gets a little bit more blue in overall color.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I didn't even notice the spelling error. I am notorious for scanning posts, so I just automatically registered "suharsonoi" anyway. I was far more concerned about the photos--and wanting that blue acro... lol.

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
am currently in the process of tearing down my reef tank to fix the floor damage that was done from an accidental overspill of R/O water that happened over 8 months ago. All in all the plywood floor and one of the floor beams had warped from all the water and wieght of the tank. With all that in mind I have taken down the tank and put the rock and coral in tubs and will be fixing the floor tomorrow. Another situation arrised after I moved everything, the wood and carpet under the tank was still wet and had grown mold. SO now I have to replace the carpet where the mold is growing. I cannot replace the carpet as I dont have the current funds. My plan is to cut out the section of the carpet where the mold is and put down tile. This way the molded carpet will be gone and will be much cheaper than getting new carpet. Not to mention I have nowhere to put my coral tubs if I did get the carpet replaced.
So here are the pics so far, I will update pics as I go along.

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Well, I ended up getting alot done tonight. Although I wish the carpet had not been ruined so that I did not have to wait till tommorrow night to start putting the reef tank back together. I will be remodeling the aquascape in the tank , so thats a plus.
All I have left tonight is to put down the linoleum. This should only take 10-20 minutes so it wont be a big deal.

Today I tore out the old floor to discover some old termite damage that I thought had been rebuilt by the pest control company who replaced all the termite damage before I moved into the house. So the water damage was not all the blame as I thought. So I replaced all damaged wood and added some concrete blocks for added strength for the tank. It was a pain getting the old subfloors out, but replacing the wood was not.
It will be nice to actually have both my overflows working again. So tomorrow I will be washing out the old sand, drilling holes in rocks for the pvc structure, getting the pvc structure built, get the tank back into its former place, and hopefully get the water and coral back in.

Here are some pics of the construction from today.

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
Wow...your tank makes me want to run out and start a saltwater tank! Thankfully I don't have the funds to support such an impulse. :grinno:

Good luck with the floor repair!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store