My 135 gallon reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Great tank, great collection and great carpentry...

I am very impressed :)

Kristina

tap

makin it rain since 93'
Feb 22, 2009
Topcity, Kansas
man you seriously have the most bada$$ reef tank i have ever seen.....all i wanna do is have an awesome reef setup like you but im only 16 and theres no way id have the dough to get a setup like that right now.....but maaaaan your tank is inspiring.....some day when i have my own house and a nice income ima have a tank just as tight as yours.....i cant wait to see how u set it up this time...im stoked!

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Thanks for all the great comments. Luckily I was born knowing how to use a saw and hammer. Figuratively speaking of course.
I hope my plans on the new reconstruction on the aquascaping turn out better than my carpentry skills.
Here is a pic of the linoleum that will be in place of the moldy carpet. Good thing the wife was there at the store to pick out the right color that matches the carpet. I probably would have come home with some funky wierd blue color.

CollarCrazy

AC Members
May 1, 2009
This is a beautiful tank! Can I ask what bulbs you're using? I think the color produced is beautiful.

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Beautiful setup and very interesting tank. I could look at that thing for hours. Good luck on your repair and re-do. Please post After-do pictures. I'm sure it will be first class.

Great job,
Tom

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Just a quick update from work.
I finished getting the last piece of coral back into the tank at midnight last night.
I really do like the new aquascape, I did lose quite a bit of sand space, but I now have flow around all of the rock and tank. It seems I also might have more mounting room for sps coral. Although I may have to get rid of some lps, but I will waitand see. Unfortunatly I still have the frag racks in the tank, but they will be gone once I get the frag tank set up.
I still have to do some coral placement and fill in the areas where you can still see the PVC, but I did not have time yesterday to get it done. I do have progress pics of the rebuild of the tank and will post those tonight.
Let me also say right now that if you have a block foundation home, make absolutely sure the floor is braced and there is no termite damage. Trust me having to take down this tank was not easy, not to mention any loses and future algae issues I will have from disturbing the rock and sand.

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
This is a beautiful tank! Can I ask what bulbs you're using? I think the color produced is beautiful.
I am currently running 6 current actinic bulbs, 4 UV actinic plus bulbs, and 2 UV 75/25 bulbs.
I will be changing the currents to geismann actinic when they need to be replaced.
My tank does have alot of blue, but I would rather enjoy the color of the corals rather than have more growth.

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Well I just got home from work and everything looks to be doing good except a couple of pieces of coral. My royal gramma even seems to be doing ok after he took a ride through me taking the rock outside in 50 degree weather to drill the rock and add it to the tank. My best guess is he was out of the water for at least 10 minutes and laying on the cold deck most of that time. As of right now he is acting like nothing has happened.

Aside from having to fill in small pieces and rearrange the corals, the tank has turned out better than I thought.
I still have to plumb in the auto-topoff unit, get all the wires rearranged, put all my propagating tools and such back under the tank.

I definitely have to get that frag tank going before too long, I really dont like the frag racks in the tank now.

Here are some updated pics up until now.

I decided to use PVC to set up my rock this time instead of stacking. It seemed that over the past 2 years the way I had the rock before was getting very unstable. To the point where if I even moved one the others would fall.
Here is a pic of half of the PVC setup with the tank on its new floor.

Pic of my refugium setup.

Pic of the pump and my new auto top-off container. I was using a small 2 gallon tank for the top-off water, but I somehow cracked it when I took it out from under the tank.

Here is a pic of the tank being filled back up and getting alot of the coral back in.

Here is a pic after getting almost everything back in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store