My 135 gallon reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Here is what I have been doing tonight.
I picked this guy up from a reef friend. It is the Air Water Ice TyphoonIII RO/DI with a 5 gallon storage tank.
He only had 2 months on the membrane. I got this unit for 100.00 and it cost me 35.00 for the rest of the filters.
My previous RO unit did not have a DI on it, I ended up taking it off, because it was a model where you could not replace the di resin. My unit ran around 5 tds after changing the filters. I tested it before I took it off and it was up to 13.
Now I am at a lovely 0. Hooray!!

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Got a new camera and decided I needed to shoot some corals with it. It is hard using a different brand than what you are use to. All of the pics were shot with a Canon 30d with a 50mm lens. Thanks to DSR and some trading I was able to acquire this camera.
I have yet to figure out the features on this camera, but I did manage to get some decent shots.

Green Duncans

Yellow polyps

Rainbow acans

War coral

Green Pavona

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
OK... I want the camera back (but can I keep the corals?) lol. Seriously though, I need to know what settings you are using... (in other words, I am done with shootin' 100% manual). Im tellin' ya, that pavona is killer. The other images are amazing. Magazine type stuff (and I have done this for a while, lol). Nice work. Glad the camera found a good home.

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Actually I have the camera set on P and was using a tripod w/manual focus. At first I was a little worried when all the pics in the camera viewer seemed to have a very high white balance color. I just kept telling myself I can fix it in Photo Shop. Once I downloaded it into the comp they were no where near as white as the camera screen showed. I also set the ISO at 100. Hope that might help you next time.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If the 50mm, what do you mean manual focus? I didn't think that lens had manual focus? Interesting. I am going to try some shots using the tripod (assuming I can find it..hahaha). That might make a big difference.

That 50mm is a fast lens. I doubt you could get shots like that with a slower lens with that ISO. What was the apparature set on when you took the pics?

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Thanks for the comments.

DSR, I have no idea what the app was at when I took the pics. I still need to figure out how to even change the app and white balance. Yes the 50mm lens has a manual and auto focus switch on the lens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store