MY 180 Gallon : 50 Dats, 46 Clown Loaches, 15 Abino Bichirs.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Li...whats the auto change rate (gal/hr) on your system?

chefkeith

Loach Inspector
Aug 17, 2003
Detroit
Neo- This thread is starting to cause quite a stir at loachesonline.

Would you like some help or recommendations on what to do to make things better?

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
I was arfraid to say it before, but that is the most OS tank i ever did see... you've got to start finding homes for all those fish, lee. all the filtration in the world probably wouldn't stop ammonia from developing overnight in there....

Last edited:

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
He doesn't really have to worry about ammonia buildup because he's got a flow-through system. It's getting water changed (I'm guessing here, because Li hasn't responded to Rbishop's question) 100% several times a day. It's the same as my avatar. It's a large number of sharks in a smallish container because they're in flow through. Their water was constantly being turned over with completely new water, with no need for filtration really.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
plah831 said:
He doesn't really have to worry about ammonia buildup because he's got a flow-through system. It's getting water changed (I'm guessing here, because Li hasn't responded to Rbishop's question) 100% several times a day. It's the same as my avatar. It's a large number of sharks in a smallish container because they're in flow through. Their water was constantly being turned over with completely new water, with no need for filtration really.
oh, so he has flow-through.... makes sense, since it's the only way you could maintain that many fish together in the same tank. still looks pretty cramped... i'm sure he has plans to sell them or something...

is300zx

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
Li has his 24hour drip system posted on the article section at MFK if anyone is interested.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
fishcatch22 said:
I was arfraid to say it before, but that is the most OS tank i ever did see... you've got to start finding homes for all those fish, lee. all the filtration in the world probably wouldn't stop ammonia from developing overnight in there....
i dont feed my fish every day... so my ammonia is very stable... that is not my "only" tank in the house :rolleyes:

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
Li, what's the turnover rate for the water? Just wondering.

I think the tank is very impressive! It looks awesome.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
chefkeith said:
Neo- This thread is starting to cause quite a stir at loachesonline.

Would you like some help or recommendations on what to do to make things better?
what you mean?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store