MY 180 Gallon : 50 Dats, 46 Clown Loaches, 15 Abino Bichirs.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
plah831 said:
Li, what's the turnover rate for the water? Just wondering.

I think the tank is very impressive! It looks awesome.
i need to do some math... but its all depend on my feeding schedule.... the exchange cant be too rapid... because water is from the tap/aged water....

all my tanks are on this 24/7 new water system... :) which make life much ez... :)

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
plah831 said:
I personally like the overstocked look (I know, kill me now!). Maybe I SHOULD get into cichlids...
if you think that is overstock.... you should see my goldfishtank... :rolleyes:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I envy you and your goldfish.:bowing::bowing:

I only have one and keep him ina kool-aid container for that well stocked tank look. :joke:

chefkeith

Loach Inspector
Aug 17, 2003
Detroit
neoprodigy said:
what you mean?
Clown Loaches prefer tanks with soft sand substrates, lot's of cover, driftwood, or caves, and low light. They are not mid or top dwelling fish, which by the look of it, is what your tank is set-up for. A bare bottom tank for clowns loaches puts them completely out of their element. It's like they are living the life of a feeder fish.

Do you care about the clown loaches and want to give them what is best for them or are they just ornaments to you?

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
chefkeith said:
Clown Loaches prefer tanks with soft sand substrates, lot's of cover, driftwood, or caves, and low light. They are not mid or top dwelling fish, which by the look of it, is what your tank is set-up for. A bare bottom tank for clowns loaches puts them completely out of their element. It's like they are living the life of a feeder fish.

Do you care about the clown loaches and want to give them what is best for them or are they just ornaments to you?
I agree that clowns prefer cover, but even with plenty of driftwood to hide in, my group of 5 loves to swim all over the tank, including the top just like in neoprodigy's photo.

The thing is, he's used to a different style of keeping aquaria... you'll notice a lot of the guys over at MFK have bare bottom tanks with lots of inhabitants (what most resident AC users would call overstocked), and hefty filtration systems to go along with them. The bare bottom tank is primarily to ease maintenance.

Although my clowns do prefer to sleep in the crevices of the driftwood in my tank, I have to say the clowns in his tank look great in terms of health.

Hey neoprodigy, do your clowns ever display their dark black colors, or do yours stay in the gray-state of coloration?

nice tank btw

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store