MY 180 Gallon : 50 Dats, 46 Clown Loaches, 15 Abino Bichirs.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
chefkeith said:
Clown Loaches prefer tanks with soft sand substrates, lot's of cover, driftwood, or caves, and low light. They are not mid or top dwelling fish, which by the look of it, is what your tank is set-up for. A bare bottom tank for clowns loaches puts them completely out of their element. It's like they are living the life of a feeder fish.

Do you care about the clown loaches and want to give them what is best for them or are they just ornaments to you?
what is the "best" for fish? :rolleyes: are they meant for living in a tank? :rolleyes:

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
SoCalSunset said:
Hey neoprodigy, do your clowns ever display their dark black colors, or do yours stay in the gray-state of coloration?

nice tank btw
those pix are taken like 2 hours in the tank... so they are still stressed... they are getting darker... :)

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
neoprodigy said:
what is the "best" for fish? :rolleyes: are they meant for living in a tank? :rolleyes:
Sorry Neo, but I hate when people try to use that argument. You are right, a fish tank is not the best environment, their natural environment is the best for them. That's what we as fishkeepers need to take into consideration when settingup our aquariums. In the wild there is always some type of substrate, and enough water that the fish don't have to be stackde on top of one another. I don't know about you, but I have yet to see a natural lake or river with a glass bottom, and fish that are stacked on top of each other.

chefkeith

Loach Inspector
Aug 17, 2003
Detroit
Perhaps you'd like to read what others are saying about this tank here
and I'll leave it at that. I'll seek refuge back under my rock now with the rest of my loachy friends.

Rallysman

Stinkfist
Aug 2, 2006
Indiana
I'm not a fish snob by any stretch of the imagination (Like what I just read), but I would give them some cover (and I don't care for bare bottom tanks, but you know that).

As far as the filtration and ammonia argument, read into his drip system some more. More people should be doing it.

ETA: JD_man was wondering when you're going to send him some loaches, you know.....because you are so massively overstocked while torturing those fish.

Ok.....I copied the tortured part from the fish snobs.....JD_man just wants some **** loaches.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
H3D said:
I know it is unbelievable!
I hear you, bro... now there's a fish snob.. obviously neo has plans on what to do with these fish, and they are not staying in there forever. jumping to conclusions like that is just dumb.

dacox

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
I agree with rally, but I wouldn't consider anything that neo is doing cruel. His fish will always have the best water quality, which IMO is most important.

You da man Li.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store