My 29 gallon tank setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
You're welcome! I really appreciate the share of anubias that you sent to me in the trade as well!

Those eggs would be snails. They will run wild for a while, but that's nothing to worry about. They tend to drop eggs when they have a major environment change. It's a survival thing! If you get tired if them, I can mail you some assassin snails. Mine keep the population in my propagation tank at bay pretty well. Of course I do pluck the pond snails from my other tanks and drop them in the prop tank hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Do you they lay them singly or in clutches? Because this is a random clutch of six or so and they are see through with little orangish dots xD Not questioning you by the way, just making sure!!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Clutches... Clear are pond or bladder snails, and orange are probably ramshorns. MTS are livebearing if I remember correctly. I didn't give you any plants from my propagation tank, so there aren't an assassins in the mix. Assassins usually bury their eggs in the substrate and "appear out of nowhere" in droves. those are the 4 kinds of snails I have aside from Japanese Trapdoors which I didn't send on purpose if I did. JTs are livebearers anyway, so no eggs.

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks, man :) Usueful imformation there!! Some of these snails look like nerites.. but they have pounts at the back end of the shell. What are those?

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Those are ponds or bladders. They look alike. I think the darker ones are bladders... they are faster moving. They will not get that big... maybe 1/2" long shells. If they are cone shaped and twisty, they are MTS. Clear shells with orange bodies are ramshorns.

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Yeah, the little MTS show up at night when the lights are out and they're cool to watch xD The bladder and pond snails are pretty quick. As soon as they started moving, I could barely keep up!
Any other suggestions about the layout? I'm going to be doing the rock thing tomorrow probably, so while I'm in there, may as well go ahead and adjust anything else! Thank you!!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
While you are rearranging... :)

I'd move the heater from the middle to the right corner, and I would move the wisteria in the center also off center to the right. Plant those roots floating upward down in the substrate with the stem they are growing out of horizontally oriented. They will send shoots up if you do that and cover more ground. Don't worry... they will gain height pretty quickly and fill the space you are trying to fill with green right now. Also, I totally agree with the black posterboard background idea. You will love the way it looks and how that bright green wisteria pops against the darker background color. $1 to improve your aesthetic is a small price to pay lol!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Should I move the filter to the right as well? And do you mean plant the wisteria horizontally instead of vertically? That kinda makes more sense because there are roots everywhere xD

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
I think I responded to you in PM on the filter, but for the sake of everyone else that may be reading this, I am not sure if it will matter much if you black out the background since the intake tube is black. That said, I say no to moving it because it's in a good position for doing its job and keeping the circulation of the water evenly distributed. Honestly, I don't think it matters much as long as there aren't stagnant spots in the water. Kind of unlikely in a tank this size unless you just let it get way too overgrown.

How about an update pic? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I agree. Id like to see an update. Sometimes i just sit back and watch the threads until its the right time for me to talk... Like now! LOL

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store