My 29 gallon tank setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
I've been swamped by my band these passed few days that I haven't done anything to it yet xD All in good will, because we're setting up a tour and I'm in charge of calling places for the setup.. But yeah! Tomorrow I'm taking all the advice and putting into action! Sorry for the lack of updating. The plants are grwoing really well. I thought the wisterias new leaves were going to grow in all blobby due to the lower light, but it's actually filling out nicely! And the moss is pretty steady as well :) Pictures tomorrow!!

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Soo.. I didn't get around to anything yet xD But you can see the plants are growing pretty well. I moved the one plant a little farther right away from the heater in order to br able to pull it out with ease when I do. I'm thinking about turning the heater sideways and putting it down low. The wisteria to the left is going to be turned sideways and allowed to grow upwards around the back left corner. And the rocks will be adjusted to give it an ancient ruin feel xD I also bought the posterboard today and getting around to that soon :) Have a good day!

uploadfromtaptalk1394836298498.jpg

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
Okkkkaaaaayyyyyyy.... So my plants are growing pretty well :) Still no fertilizers or additives in this tank.. it's going great.
I did get rid of my African Dwarf Frogs for the simple fact that I'm getting shrimp soon and they slaughtered the last set of shrimp I had :/
My amazon sword is doing this strange (but really cool) thing.. It has this stem coming from the plant with smaller, sword looking leaves on it.. You can see it in one of the pictures below. What is this and does anyone know why?
Also.. my snail population is going insane.. I may have to get a dwarf puffer tank setup one day soon xD

Tell me what you think! Any comments or concerns or anything are always welcome. Thank you guys! Have a great day :)

uploadfromtaptalk1396557438431.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396557454372.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396557474191.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1396557552107.jpg

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
The tank is looking good! That stem coming out of the sword is kinda like a runner... It will produce a new sword plant or two. when they have a few leaves and drop roots you can pinch them off and have a new plantlet when emersed, amazon swords will flower, but this is what you get submerged if I understand it correctly. If you pinch them off instead of "cutting the cord", you may get a second round of plantlets... I did.

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
That's amazing!! I had no idea :) Thank you! I'm excited to be able to have another sword plant if that's what it turns out to be :D

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
So.. I suspect my sword is being eaten.. I don't know if that's true or not. Can anyone help me out? It's in more spots on the plant other than these two. They were just tricky to get pictures of with my phone xD Thank you! Hope everyone is having a good day :)

uploadfromtaptalk1397514589911.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397514606691.jpg

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Looks like the neighborhood kids have been trying out their new BB guns. How old is the sword? It was suggested in another thread (today) that it could be either former emersed growth melting or a calcium deficiency. Reference: Kyle and Byron respectively.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I cant really tell what happening. Melting usually affects the whole leaf. Same with a deficency. If i had to guess i would say something may be eating it. I havent kept up with this thread so i dont know the stocking. What fish/inverts call this tank home?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jemi39

AC Members
Nov 21, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Real Name
Jeremy
BB guns... that takes me back xD It's roughly 3 months old. A new leaf appears about every week now... sometimes more, sometimes less. I thought it was melting, but I was reading and some places say that it could also be snails. If it is a calcium defficiency, how would I go about testing/correcting that problem? :eek:

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
To treat for calcium deficency you just need to add calcium. I have no experience with a calcoum defiency so i dont know how it looks. You can add root tabs to help wth nutrients. Also it could very well be snails. Some snails will eat foliage if they cant find food.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store