My Angelfish are Here!!! Questions!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Congrats on the new fish! A 10 gallon is awfully small for two 6.5" fish, though. But then again the poor things have lived in a bag for four days. :eek:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Okay, so the rubbermaid tote would be better right, or what should I do, I think I will try the tote, please respond quickly as I am setting up soon. :help: :help:

So far, the fish are doing fine in the bucket for acclimation. I might just use a 10G, and then put them in the 20G tomorrow, once I have time to take out the shrimp, right?

Or would the stress kill them? Please respond soon(within 30 min with your ideas, suggestions, etc.) :) thanks for all the help, just keep the help/info coming.

:help:

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Does the tote have any kind of filtration?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Yeah, I will put a HOB, an airstone, and heater. I already setup the 10G with cycled water, and I am testing it soon. Then I will acclimate the angels to that water and put them in for 24 hours, and then they will go into an empty 20G for breeding. They are doing good in the bucket, I put in some moss and guppy grass to calm them down, and relieve a bit of stress. They are much better, and going into the 10G within an hour. Check parms, then acclimating, then happy.

Specs

10G glass tank
whisper 20 power filter
50 watt aqueon heater(I'll aim for 82+)
20 watt stock light with plant grow bulb(leaving it off for the 1st 4 hours they are in the tank)
no substrate

feeding them after 4 hours, they were starved before shipped so they haven't eaten for a week.:( IDK how they lived, they aren't eating anything yet, probably cuz theyb are still stressed. But when I get near, they start hitting the bucket, and scraping against it, so I try not to go near them yet.

And the tote is actually about 24X16X24 so 40G.

I will be putting a penguin 350 bio-wheel on it if I use it tomorrow, most likely I will put them into the 20G breeder instead.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Thanks guys, I will keep you guys posted on the breeding, and start a journal. I just checked the parms of the 10G, and they are as follows..........................

nitrite~0.0ppm
nitrate~5.0ppm
ammonia~0.0ppm
pH~7.6

I am keeping the temps at 82+, how high can I go, and is warmer better, I have a max range of 90, but I think that 86 is the max, right?

:help:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
going in in 20 minutes:)
they are more active in the bucket, and must be starving after 1 week no food:(

When should I feed them? :help:

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
R u sure, as they haven't been fed for 1 week(7 days) because they were fasted before shipping so they wouldn't make a mess/get water dirty, and then they haven'y eaten while they were shipped. I did feed very little flake, and blood worms, and they finished the blood worms, and left the flake. They are beautiful, and feeding off the filter intake:)

I love them, the male is pearlscale, and the female isn't. They are acting like my other angels now. I will try to get them into the 20G ASAP.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
pics up soon:)

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
Yes I'm sure fish can go up to 2 weeks without food. Especially fish this large. I've left my fish many times for 10 days and they've been fine. They've been through a lot so I would leave them alone and feed tomorrow.

EDIT Now I see you already fed them, which is fine, but it's usually better to wait a day. They've been through a lot of stress and feeding can just add to that stress.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store