My BW upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks again :)

Kristina

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
A hex corner tank? Thats a first to see for me! I really like your BW set up Kyr :) BTW I got 4 mollies! 2 lyretails and 2 sailfins
You tank looks beautiful!!!! ^.^ *Squee*

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks Phoe :D Glad you finally got some lyretails!

Kristina

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
looks great, wish i had the time and ingenuity to come up with something like that.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Timewise, it really was not that consuming.

The three best pieces of advice that I can give when it comes to scaping are:

Google images, or look through the photo galleries on the forum. Look at what other people have done, not to copy exactly, but for inspiration. Take from that elements that you can put together to create your own style.

Hard scape dry. If you are incorporating wood and rocks into your scape, don't do it after you have filled the tank with water. It makes it a lot easier and less annoying if you don't have to submerge up to your armpit every time you want to move something, lol. It gives you more patience to work with the materials.

Don't be too perfect. Nature is chaotic. If your scape is too ordered and too neat, it will look fake no matter what you do. A neatly scaped tank can be attractive, but if you want a little slice of nature in your living room, make it a little messy.

I don't think that I am really all that great at scaping, but I get a lot of compliments on here so I must be doing something right, lol. I myself can really see a difference in my tanks over the last few months.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Well, lol, you probably won't like the rest of my breeding group then :) These are gonna toughen up my latipinna/velifera hybrids :D

My favorite is my orange male, and I am going to transfer him over to the new tank first so that he can have a shot at breeding the wild females first.

Watch starting at about 1:18, that is when he really starts to show off.

[YT]hU9lummjLWA[/YT]

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store