My BW upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Just lucky I guess :)

Kristina

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Beautiful beautiful as always I will envy you dragons....

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks :) Still working on the finishing touches, should be "done" (when are we ever really done, lol?) later today.

Kristina

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I agree! you can never be done rescaping or rearranging with dragons around. Funny story, last night my dragon was in his tube and I was having trouble feeding him cause he likes the tube against the glass...I pickede up the tube with him in it and conveniently moved it elsewhere... he didnt care! It was hilarious....

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
They are such funny fish. Mine have gotten a lot bolder since the tank move, and i am really enjoying seeing them more.

More pics soon!

Kristina

steve18

AC Members
Aug 23, 2005
White Plains, NY
looks great!
i assume those are real java ferns. how do you care for them (additives, co2, lighting tiem and bulbs, etc). i tried java fern and java moss a few years ago and got nowhere. my substrate is crushed coral, so my pH is 8.2, and my sg ranges from 1.008-1.010.
also, has anyone heard of scats getting sick from nipping on java fern?

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
So jealous! I wish I had the room to upgrade my brackish tank too. *Pout* I also wish my computer would stop being stupid and open photo attachments (it hates photobucket for some reason and some other photo hosting sites, some others are fine). It sounds great though.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
looks great!
i assume those are real java ferns. how do you care for them (additives, co2, lighting tiem and bulbs, etc). i tried java fern and java moss a few years ago and got nowhere. my substrate is crushed coral, so my pH is 8.2, and my sg ranges from 1.008-1.010.
also, has anyone heard of scats getting sick from nipping on java fern?
Yes, the java ferns are real. I do not add any CO2 or ferts, and my lighting is two 6500k 100 watt equiv. CFLs. My sg is the same as yours (1.008-1.010) and my pH is 8.6. So far my plants are doing wonderful.

Java ferns are considered poisonous, I believe, and plants in general are not compatible with scats. If there is a plant in the tank, they will shred it. That is why I do not have scats :)

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store