My BW upgrade

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Well, I got my orange male moved over a couple of days ago, and those wild girls went NUTS over him, lol. They choose mates according to sail size and color, so he was probably pretty attractive to them. He has had a few days alone with them, with a few more to go before the rest of the breeding group gets moved over.

I transfered my 4 bbgs today, and my two dragon gobies. I had to dismantle the rest of the caves in the old tank to get at the dragons, and HOLY COW they were a LOT bigger and fatter than I realized! Obviously they have been eating well and are healthy.

Kristina

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
looking great. Those are good pieces of aqua-scaping advice

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks :) The Dragon Gobies have been doing their own rescaping since they were put in the tank. Every so often a big puff of sand comes out of one of the caves, lol.

Kristina

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Sweet tank... love the video!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
It is a good idea to have Styrofoam in between the pane of glass and the stand. And no, cherry shrimps will absolutely not tolerate brackish water. Ghost shrimp and amanos will.

Kristina

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
lol. the dgs and rescaping are hilarious. They will be quite upset when the move.... evertythin wont be to their liking.... you should put up pictures of the dragons *nudge nudge*

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Okay, more pics :)

Mollies

Full tank shots. I have some more plants and a bit of algae growth (Yay! LOL, I am like the only person on earth that is happy about algae, lol.) I had a BHA problem in my old tank, so I trimmed my vals back hard and did a 60 second soak in a 1:20 bleach solution, keeping the roots out of the solution. I rinsed them off and then dipped the in a 4x dose of Prime. The BHA is gone and the vals are doing well so far.

I don't know for sure what caused the BHA in my other tank, it is the ONLY tank that it is in out of 24 tanks. My only thought is that there was too much surface agitation. The biggest problem was on the floating parts of the vals.

And I don't have any really good new pics of the dragons, but here is a new one from today while he was attacking a piece of my homemade food and a couple of older pics.

Kristina

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store