My Cories have finally bred

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
cories will eat the eggs! lol unless it's heavily planted and they can't find the eggs. They'll slurp some up fry also. I would remove or put a in breeder net a few eggs at least if you want them to make it. They breed very often when they start so you could try it. And it depends a lot on the size of the tank, the bigger the tank the more fry should make it.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Yes, cories will eat the eggs. What else is in the tank cause they may help eat them as well. If you take them out, you'll have to use existing tank water for the eggs, add a fungus inhibitor and an airstone, and do your partial water changes with tank water (from the main tank) as well. If have used a fine mesh filter media bag which I hung in the existing tank up near the surface directly in the filter outflow and had success hatching them.

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Congrats on the cory eggs. As others have stated, I would pull the eggs otherwise the parents or other fish will eat them. Also once the eggs hatch they will need to reach the surface to fill there swim bladder, so hang them near the surface of the tank or make sure what ever you move them to that the water level is only about 2 inches in depth. I feed mine very finely crushed up flake, almost a powder or if I have it at the time, live baby brine shrimp.

By the way, are these the albino cory's I sold you a while ago?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Congrats!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
Congrats on the cory eggs. As others have stated, I would pull the eggs otherwise the parents or other fish will eat them. Also once the eggs hatch they will need to reach the surface to fill there swim bladder, so hang them near the surface of the tank or make sure what ever you move them to that the water level is only about 2 inches in depth. I feed mine very finely crushed up flake, almost a powder or if I have it at the time, live baby brine shrimp.

By the way, are these the albino cory's I sold you a while ago?
Sad news I just got home and they are all white:( I will remove them and hope for better luck next time.
Ron yes these are the cories you sold me:)

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
So I get up this morning and guess what.....More cory eggs. I removed the white ones last night and these are still pretty clear. For now I am going to leave the eggs, these cories are still young and i am not sure they CAN breed yet, once/if the eggs turn white i will remove them. At least I know the little buggers are doing OK:)

blissskr

"Who's Barry Badrinath"
Jun 22, 2008
New Hampshire
If you dont move them the parents will more then most likely eat all the eggs. You can put them in a breeder net in tank next to water flow from filter or next to air stone creating water flow. Id add some antifungul meds to prevent fungusing. I use this little pipet thing to remove fungused eggs if you dont right away the fungus will spread very fast an eye dropper can also be used. Good luck and congrats!

Freshwater Noob

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
I would definitely move them if you want them to hatch. Otherwise, the parents will make snacks of the eggs. If you have an extra tank just scrape them off with a razor and put them into a fry tank. Good Luck!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I am thinking I will let them get a few practice runs in before trying to hatch out the fry. These are still VERY young and I am not sure they are even really ready. Once I feel it is safe and they are through practicing I will move them to a planted 10 gallon by themselves. Thanks for all the tips guys:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store