My foam back ground

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ

The silicone dried up enough where I could take the corner piece out and handle it, put the mini planter on it and some of the "rocks" and cut the edges a bit to make it look a little better. Should look ok once the quikrete is on it. Hopefully I can apply a layer tomorrow.

I'll take a pic of how it looks now once it settles in a bit and I eat some dinner :)

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
and here we go. Pic of it on my floor.

pic of it in the tank

and how about another from a different angle.

I was worried about whether I made it big enough or not. After looking at it in the tank in the place where it is going to be I see that I have more than enough room for the FX5 intake. Should slide in with room to spare.

Hopefully I can get some quikrete on this tomorrow. I will probably add a little more detail to this piece as well. I'm excited to get this whole thing together. Still waiting for the FX5 to get here in the mail, should only be a few more days.

forgot this one, decent few of the planter which I'm not sure what I'm going to put in it. Maybe some anubias or a crypt of some kind?

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
thank you:) I might try and add a couple more along certain parts of the back ground, not positive though. I think it would look cool with some crypts coming out of them.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Mixed up some more quikrete :)

This is the intake hide. I think it will turn out pretty good :)

Here are the main 3 pieces after a bit of drying.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
nice, I wish it was sunny when I was working on mine. I think I got 2 day of warmth and sun to work outside on it, the rest of the time it was in the house.. The silicon smell took us out.
I'm fortunate to live in Tucson. It's winter right now it was 70 degrees outside lol. For working inside on silicone fumes your BG turned out very nice!

User_name thanks for the kind words! I'll be siliconing everything inside of the tank once I make the screen for the intake hide.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Here is where it stands as of now. Everything is in. Just need to let the silicone dry and to apply another layer or two of quikrete to make everything one.

I think I would like to put some black sand in this. Maybe black Flourite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store