My foam back ground

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
That's right, another pic(sorry it's terrible)! I'm taking you guys with me on this journey one step at a time.

patched the the cracks to help make everything look more like one piece. I'll be going over everything tomorrow once everything has dried with the final coat I think. I feel like my fish are staring at me telling me to hurry up. They will have over double the amount of water volume they had before, and much more filtration.

Do they make black pool filter sand?

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I don't know if they have black pool filter sand. I used Black Diamond, tractor supply has it. I think it's used for sand blasting. It needs to be washed a lot.. But if ya short on cash it's a good way to go at around $7 a 50lb bag.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I ended up finding a GREAT deal on some eco complete with free shipping, then I was told it was backordered >_<

So I might just have to cancel that order and search around town. Most places here have over priced soil.

Anyway, here is an update. Everything is siliconed, final layers were applied. It ended up looking like this.

This is the tank, filled up with water, and light over head. Glass is still a little dirty and there are some fun things floating around in there. The background is roughly 46.75" x 31"

And here is the planter :)

This is the screen that will act as sort of a pre filter and prevent shrimp and little fish ect from being sucked into the filter

The water is going to be sitting overnight. I know the quikrete will make the ph rise. It will go through a few 95% water changes before anything else gets introduced to the tank.

What do you think?

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I'm excited. Still waiting on the FX5 in the mail. Probably going to go out and buy some eco complete or, if I can find it, flourite black or dark if anywhere in town has it.

I think the fish and shrimp will love the new amount of space in the tank. Not to mention there will be more driftwood and rocks in there!

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I was right about to walk out the door to go to the lfs to see if they had any eco complete or flourite black/dark and my phone jingled. I checked and it was an email with my tracking numbers for my eco complete I bought online. That was the fastest I've ever gotten an item shipped that was supposedly on back order lol. Should be here on the 9th.

As for my filter, I got the tracking number from the seller and there has been no activity on it since the 4th. I'm assuming part of that is because of the weekend, but it should have been here already. Curse you December and your wonderful holidays.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
FX5 got here today :)

Eco Complete should be here tomorrow while I'm at work, but that wont be going in until I have the tank moved and set up. No point in adding more weight to carry around.

Here is what the intake looks like in the hide. I still need to several water changes and do a lot more cleaning.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store