My GF's 10gal Reef Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
well tonight we picked up a small christmas tree shaped purple feather duster!!! it is awesome..

we also picked up a tiny pair of clowns!!! the 10gal tank looks huge!!!

the lights are off for the night while they get used to their new surroundings!

some of our corals are doing really well! attaching to nearby rocks and growing quickly!

we will post some pics tomorrow morning!!

chris331

AC Members
looks great...

i have been inspired...

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Hey, I think we may have a problem...

Last night after we acclimated everything it all looked great! This morning however, our zoanthids aren't looking good at all...

Let me start by letting you guys know what we did, and what might have happened...

We picked up two clowns and a feather duster from the LFS last night.

We floated the clowns and the duster.

We then put them both in the tank and left the lights off for the rest of the night..

When we got up this morning everything was great! The clowns were vacuuming up the pods and eating the pellets that we feed them. The feather duster was out and enjoying everything!!

Later this morning I went and picked up a small maxijet 400, to replace the small top fin powerhead that we currently have... And I did a 10% wc while I was at it...

That is when everything went downhill...

i had to work on some school work for about 4 hours, and when I returned is when i noticed something wasn't right...

All of our zoas began closing up, and the feather duster went bye bye... Everything else is fine, our Palythoas and GSP are perfect, its just the zoas that shriveled up and then closed... It was really weird. And the feather duster will occasionally come out, but then just close back up...

I thought the powerhead might be leaking voltage or something so I put our old top fin back in.. That didn't work...

I though more about what could be happening to the zoas and then I thought wow, the carbon hasn't been replaced in a while.. So i replaced the carbon...

They are still closed...

What should I do??

I am currently at my girlfriends house and all i can test is:

Ammo - 0
Trites - 0
Trates - 0
ph - 8.2
temp - 80

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I wouldn't panic - yet. I had one clump of Zoos that suddenly closed and stayed closed for about 10 days. All the others were fine. Suddenly they re-opened the other day and looking healthier than ever before. The feather duster (would love to see a photo of it) may just be settling in as well or even getting ready to shed its crown. Did you drip acclimate them as well as floating?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store