My GF's 10gal Reef Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Delete

AC Members
Oct 27, 2007
wow. You guys are moving soo fast. I had my 46 gallon cycle for a whole month and a half before I added any kind of life to it. I had just about as much fun watching the random creatures spring to life on my live rock than I did with the cleanup crew. Speaking of which... I hope those hermits clean up more than just the inside of the snail shells, got rid of every one of those suckers in my tank... all 15 of them : ) I hope everything comes together well for her!

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
well, we lost one.... the one in that photograph... he started looking really bad, and looked like he was coming down with brook... how can these fish have so many problems...

anyway, he passed the other night in his quarantine..

his friend was deemed safe and we put him in his display!!! he is soo happy swimming all over and eating tons of pods off the glass and everything...

the only problem, we cant get him to eat anything... mysis, or pellets... we soked them in a little bit of garlic extreme from kent marine, and it did nothing...

i hope he will decide to eat soon... he wont die without eating right?? he will force himself to eat so he wont die right?

oh, and sunday we had ordered a new CF fixture with about 80ish watts of light. i think it will be a much better lighting setup when it arrives on tomorrow!

hopefully our little guy does well all by himself... tomorrow we are going to go to the lfs and get a couple more astrea snails... her tank is doing a good job of growing food for them lol... what would you guys recommend as a good friend for our clown?? he seems lonely, and maybe a little sand sifter goby of some kind? needs to have some character!!

we will keep you guys updated!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
i'd wait on adding any fish for a while honestly, expecially with the clown not eating. when the time comes maybe adding a cute little clown goby would fit the bill for you guys. but again, i'd wait on getting a fish for a good while :)
Yeah, i agree with you. Maybe you should get a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp later on? They have very awesome personalities and they will pair up(the goby and the pistol shrimp) and will make a tunnel in the sand, its very awesome to watch.

Matthew_Machine

Formerly Agent_Embryo
Aug 13, 2003
ooja, you got a real cutie of a fish there!

It's been 3 years since i've kept fish, and the last time i did i was in SLO. is your LFS the pet store out on Broad st? They used to be on Marsh/Nipomo til they moved...

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
no thats not the one we use...

my girlfriend lives on broad down by industrial.. where is the LFS on broad??

also and update:

well i think i have found the reason for no appetite for the clown.. Black Ich.

i did some research and it is indeed what he has... black specles all over him, loss of appetite, and lethargic...

now hes back in quarantine... i upp'd the temp on her display to 82, the LFS said that will help speed up the metabolism of the flatworm and alleviate the problem very fast in the display.. like a week..!

we got the new lights for her tank!! woohoo! the thing is only half of the actinic bulb works... so a replacement is on its way, free of charge!

so the little guy got a FW dip and is in quarantine now being treated with rid-ich... they say formalin is the best treatment and thats what im going to use.

wish us luck! we can't possibly lose 2 clowns...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store