My Rabbit and Nerites From MsJ!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
So if mine is a female, I could have babies?!!? That would be awesome! I put an algae wafer in for the snails shortly after I put them in the tank. The rabbit ate quite a bit of it, the nerites preferred the walls.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
My Nerites will eat snail jello if it is made out of pea baby food.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
I will give snail jello a try, but for now the glass on that tank can use all the nerite help it can get.

Malone the Rabbit snail has eaten at least 1/2 of a Hikari Algae Disc. Right now it's shell is 1 3/4" long and from what MsJ tells me it can get to almost twice that size at 3". I am hoping that the 10 gal will be big enough for it and the 10 Ember tetras to live in for life. MsJ if you are out there what do you think? And could it house 2 Rabbits and the embers....now that I have it, I think it looks pretty cool and I may just have to get another!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I think they will be ok, they don't seem to be as messy as apple snails and embers are pretty petite. I am not sure how their reproduction works, you may not require others to have babies. i will look into it further and let you know. Regardless, I have had them a week and have 5 babies so far, so its possible you will get one. They are about the size of full grown pond snails at birth!

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Please keep us posted Snoopy on what plants it will and will not eat. If it leaves anubias alone I just might need one! LOL! That is a great looking snail. Good Luck with Malone.

madfox

Mad as in angry or just plain NUTS?
Nov 28, 2008
Just west of Saratoga Springs, NY
Wee! Nice pics! I should be getting my snails from MsJ tomorrow. I hope!! I've gotta go get some ingredients to make them some jello! I just read in General that my new platies will like the jello, too, so definitely going to make some up!

It's funny, I'd forgotten then Jinks had rabbit snails, AND I'd just been admiring the bunnies in my Tractor Supply store, so when I saw your post was about rabbits and nerites, I was thinking of the fuzzy kind!! I'm thinking, "Wow! She's really branching out!" :lol2: Ok, I'm a dork. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Nice snails! I'm quite interested in the rabbit snails, although it's a shame they eat plants...
I <3 my plants too much.

However, can you share info on the parameters the rabbit snail requires? Is it required to have similar parameters as the sulawesi shrimp? Or can they be kept in good ol' 7.6 ph tap water?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store