My redtail catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dlucas

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
ohio
2 years old and only 12"? what are you feeding it? those are some really odd tank dimensions (works out to 224gal btw). If he's got good water and enough food not to be stunted he will defo outgrow that. surprised he hasn't already
I couldnt remember the exact dimensions.......measured it again and it is 48 long, 24 wide and 30 high. Hope that makes better sense. Trust me he is not thin. The funny thing about these guys is how they eat. I have been feeding him according to some articles on these guys. Dont feed everyday and feed bigger meals every three days or so. After he eats he really looks pudgy. Its pretty funny.

dlucas

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
ohio
Redtail cats get 4 feet long I hope you know...he will defintely outgrow that tank!
of course I know that....lookin forward to it...lol :silly:

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
2 years old and only 12"? what are you feeding it? those are some really odd tank dimensions (works out to 224gal btw). If he's got good water and enough food not to be stunted he will defo outgrow that. surprised he hasn't already
Yea whats the deal with 12"

At 2 years old he should be pushing 24-30"

What size tank was he in before the tank he is now? And when did he get switched to this tank?

dlucas

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
ohio
Yea whats the deal with 12"

At 2 years old he should be pushing 24-30"

What size tank was he in before the tank he is now? And when did he get switched to this tank?

geesh people I said he is about 2 years because I wasn't sure but I asked my wife how old he was and she said the oldest he would be is 18 months. The didnt grow that fast mainly because he will not eat any pellets, or veggies. He will only eat fish, shrimp, bloodworms.

He has been in the 150 gallon tank since he was little. What are you people trying to insinuate.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/starmiw.gif

TimmyB42386

PO'd Crawdad
Dec 15, 2006
New Jersey
haha, the word red tail catfish in anything less than a few thousand gallons always ends up as a flaming thread here because of their potential size

dlucas

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
ohio
I had a good chance to measure him because he was laying right up against the glass and he measures a little over 14 inches.

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
Do these fish retain their coloring when they push 3-4ft? I mean does the red/orange colored part fade or does it stay the same? Nice fish by the way :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store