My Scats Need Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ideas1400

AC Members
Sep 12, 2007
yeah right! Well let me tell you a story of a guy and his fish. This guys has a 13 inch long giant gourami that he can take out of the aquarium in his hand and the fish nicely sits in his hands with out fear.

Get a clue.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
What guy?

Pretty goldfish you have. Are there irridescent sharks with them? How many do you have?

Your scats look like they have a severe bacterial infection. Probably due to ammonia burn. What are thre water parameters?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
yeah right! Well let me tell you a story of a guy and his fish. This guys has a 13 inch long giant gourami that he can take out of the aquarium in his hand and the fish nicely sits in his hands with out fear.

Get a clue.
:huh::confused:

ideas1400

AC Members
Sep 12, 2007
I have two giant gouramis. I can take one of then out of the tank in my hand. He is a real friend. My fish. The other one is scared even though he is the big one. Small one is 13 inches long and big one is 15 inches long.

ideas1400

AC Members
Sep 12, 2007
I have never cycled before. Honest and I have kept fish for 9 years. I started my fisrt cycle a month ago. And it was for my scat because they might need more then luck to survive.

The lesson that I have learned. I use marble gravel and undergravel filter to keep things stable. And some amount of salt is nice. I add different amounts of salt in differents situations.

I used marble gravel and a under gravel filter. I attach the power filter (pump) to the UGF tube and the rest is easy.

Here is how I would begin to setup my new tank.
1. Put under gravel filter.
2. Put carefully washed and soaked in water for 6 hours or over night (longer the better) gravel on top of the UGF.
3. Nicely level the gravel and be sure the gravel have thin layer on the UGF (or the pump will burn out)
4. Put washed rocks (if you want to). Also make sure that rocks are not sitting on the gravel where UGF is.
5. Add water. If it becomes cloudy then start the power filter. It will clear in an hour or two.
6. If it doesnt clears then do a water change. I do complete water change.
7. Add fiish and you are ready to go. No need for anti chlorine.
8. Add 1 tea spoon of salt to every 5 US gallon when you start to add your fish.
9. Do a weakly 25% water change and 75% after a month.
10. Clean your power pump every weak. Make sure that no debry in attached or it might cause your pump to burn out.
Thats what I do.

Check out my tank and its clear water.
www.flickr.com/photos/ahsanalialvi/

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Wow, you have some really monster fish! How many tanks do you have & how big are they? Do you know how large your irridescent sharks get?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Clear "looking" water means nothing. The toxins that can kill your fish & make them sick are invisible. You need to test for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates & pH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store