Need help: How to safely transport discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I don't know, I like the variety myself. Look at a lot of pics and decide what YOU like. You are gonna be spending a lot of time with them!! LOL

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Oh I know, Kenny sells out fast. I've been in communication with him for the last few days and I think this is what I'm going to do.

If I don't order from Hans, I will get these:

(1) 3-3.5" Albino Pearl Diamond (striated type)

(2) 3.5" Checkerboard Pigeon
(1) 3.5" Blue Diamond (select-grade with red eyes)
(1) 4" Altum Flora

And possibly a 6th. Is 5 discus enough, or do I absolutely need 6 to keep aggression down?

I know that Kenny's fish will be bigger and therefore have a more developed color than Hans' because I would have to get a 2.5 size (from discus hans) to be able to afford it, but Hans is also like, the most famous quality discus breeder out there.

So I can't choose. Kenny or Hans?? Which group sounds better?

Help! :) :)

DiscusOnly

AC Members
May 10, 2009
Oh I know, Kenny sells out fast. I've been in communication with him for the last few days and I think this is what I'm going to do.

If I don't order from Hans, I will get these:

(1) 3-3.5" Albino Pearl Diamond (striated type)

(2) 3.5" Checkerboard Pigeon
(1) 3.5" Blue Diamond (select-grade with red eyes)
(1) 4" Altum Flora

And possibly a 6th. Is 5 discus enough, or do I absolutely need 6 to keep aggression down?

I know that Kenny's fish will be bigger and therefore have a more developed color than Hans' because I would have to get a 2.5 size (from discus hans) to be able to afford it, but Hans is also like, the most famous quality discus breeder out there.

So I can't choose. Kenny or Hans?? Which group sounds better?

Help! :) :)

Those 5 discus will cost you more than $238 shipped. If you are willing to spend more, get the bigger discus.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Those 5 discus will cost you more than $238 shipped. If you are willing to spend more, get the bigger discus.

They are $217 without shipping. Still waiting on a quote. So it will still be pretty close...

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
In the past, my airport to airport shipping charges for discus from Kenny has always been close to $80-$100.
Uh-oh... Well I haven't heard back from him with a quote yet but I had no idea that his shipping might be so pricey. I figured $60 tops.

Hmm.. I'll see what he says. I may have to go with Hans.

Really though, it will be a win-win situation either way. They are both amazing sources in my opinion.

DiscusOnly

AC Members
May 10, 2009
Uh-oh... Well I haven't heard back from him with a quote yet but I had no idea that his shipping might be so pricey. I figured $60 tops.

Hmm.. I'll see what he says. I may have to go with Hans.

Really though, it will be a win-win situation either way. They are both amazing sources in my opinion.
His shipping is pricey cause airport to airport shipping is expensive (I would not receive shipped discus any other way). If you use Fedex, it may be cheaper but there is nothing like being able to get a call from Kenny to tell me that the discus is on it's way with an airbill number. I go to the airport 30 minutes after the flight arrives and get my discus.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Having done juvies...I would get the largest I could afford.
6 would be better, but 5 is OK.
I love Kenny's Altum Flora.

I've only ever rec'd fish Fedex overnight.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
The ones you bought from Kenny were shipped fedex overnight? Relatively how much was shipping? And did they arrive in good condition?

The Altum Flora and the Albino Pearl Diamonds are my favorite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store