Need help: How to safely transport discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I have not bought any fish from Kenny...yet! I have my eye on a few, but lack the funds. Saving up. But, he is highly regarded on Simply as is Hans. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I really would recommend getting the biggest fish you can afford. Even if it is a 3 inch versus a 2 inch. It is tempting to buy the smaller...they are cheaper...sometimes a lot cheaper! But, they are also harder to care for and easier to fall sick if stressed.
So, that would be my biggest suggestion.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
hmm... not sure why that posted twice. :huh:

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
I have not bought any fish from Kenny...yet! I have my eye on a few, but lack the funds. Saving up. But, he is highly regarded on Simply as is Hans. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I really would recommend getting the biggest fish you can afford. Even if it is a 3 inch versus a 2 inch. It is tempting to buy the smaller...they are cheaper...sometimes a lot cheaper! But, they are also harder to care for and easier to fall sick if stressed.
So, that would be my biggest suggestion.
I guess in this case it's smaller and (1) more, or bigger and (1) less.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Just wondering...I know there are some hobbyist breeders down South that sometimes have some really nice fish...but doesn't help you as they don't ship. Oh well....

I really would go 1 less if it gives you bigger fish.

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Thanks for all the help, Steph (and everyone else!) you've really been helpful. :rolleyes:

I'll go with Kenny's discus if his shipping prices are manageable. Still haven't heard back from him, we'll see... I'll start a full tank thread when I get it started!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store