Neighbor keeps dog tied up outside 24/7

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would doubt that. Most have been domesticated so long they would not survive.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
I could not see my late sheltie surviving in the wild. When we went on vacation we didn't drink the water and we used bottled in her bowl too. When we came back she wouldn't drink anything that wasn't bottled. She also hated the rain and would not go outside if it was raning. We had to bait her with food to get her outside or she wouldn't go and would get a bladder infection.

My friends dog who was also a sheltie some how got lost when the grandmother was dogsitting. She was lost for days when she was found she was near death. Ever since she was lost she would freak out during thunderstorms.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
I had an "outdoor" dog. I would bring it in and it would want to play, then it wanted back outside. If you weren't actively engaging it w/ play, petting etc. it would sit at the door and want to go back out, so we built it a serious doghouse (~200# of shingle roofed, tongue-in-groove interior & floored fully insulated goodness for a 45# dog). When the weather got bad, we made her stay in. We spent a chunk of each evening walking her or playing with her in her area. She was happier than any of the dogs that usually get mentioned in threads like this.

She was on a trolley for a lot of the time, on a staked line for some of the time. I tried to "reconvert" her to being an indoor dog, but she wouldn't have it.

kjr928

Go fish yourself.
It is against the law for the owners to keep the dog outside without proper shelter and food/water.

It is legal but cruel to keep a dog isolated, because of the well known fact that they are social animals. Actually I believe that isolation is a form of punishment for inmates who misbehave in prison. Think about that.

And with all due respect, I think you should have contacted the ASPCA as soon as you saw this going on, and not waited. Contact the ASPCA today and have them check it out. They will know whether or not there is abuse going on and FORCE the owners to take proper action or they will take possession of the dog. Don't let this continue for another day.

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
They aren't my next door neighbor, I haven't spoke to them before, spoke to their neighbors about how the dog is neglected. Doesn't seem anyone has confronted the owner. They live a few blocks from me. Its not that the dog is annoying me by barking or something. Its outside in all weather conditions all the time. It doesn't have a dog house or anything. If it continues I will call the animal shelter or offer my service as a dog nanny/walker or something. I could use the exercise to shed off all those Christmas cookie for summer.
where do you live if within 3 states I'LLCOME RESCUE THE DOG

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
I had an "outdoor" dog. I would bring it in and it would want to play, then it wanted back outside. If you weren't actively engaging it w/ play, petting etc. it would sit at the door and want to go back out, so we built it a serious doghouse (~200# of shingle roofed, tongue-in-groove interior & floored fully insulated goodness for a 45# dog). When the weather got bad, we made her stay in. We spent a chunk of each evening walking her or playing with her in her area. She was happier than any of the dogs that usually get mentioned in threads like this.

She was on a trolley for a lot of the time, on a staked line for some of the time. I tried to "reconvert" her to being an indoor dog, but she wouldn't have it.
of course it has a kick butt house , and you pay attention to it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store